- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
March 8, 2011
March 8, 2011
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Mike Tyler, Evan WackAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 2/15/11
- Maureen Kelly is resigning. She is going back to her old job at Harvard. Her last day will be April 4.
Ongoing IT Updates
- SW #9 - last sentence removed.
DLC General Issues
- Recruitment Study (HR) - Maureen is working on this with Brian Keith. She will have it at a place so HR can run it in-house. Any tasks afterwards should not be pressing.
- Document Disposition database - Phase II - Tom is working on it. Judy is putting out a document to ASERL deans that may add more requirements. May need to have Phase II A and Phase II B. Right now we are trying to get the needs list operational. Then we will implement a longer visibility list per item.
- Macros - on hold. Finished a tricky one for Betsy Simpson.
- Missed Self-Check Report - Michael is working on a Jason Fleming STOR procedure that requested data from FCLA. Michael and Cynthia will be working on it together. Cynthia is getting more information from FCLA as to why it broke and then Michael will try to repair. Users are getting CPU overutilization errors from FCLA.
- Kuale OLE - Maureen organized a mini-conference for the Kuale OLE functional council. It was very successful.
- Library Hours - Shruti is working on the mods to make the management easier. There is one issue and she is working on a fix for it.
- Library Class Registration system (MSL) - this has been handed off from Amy Buhler to Isabel Silver. Need requirements. On hold.
- ITS - Shruti rolled out a new version.
- Research on moving ASERL CFDP database - Judy spoke with Winston. He will sent her a report and then close.
- Storage-Print Journal Inventory Tracking - Cathy has requested this for ALF - to be used by all partners sharing at the high-density facility. Chris is working on requirement documentation and then it will go to Cathy for approval.
- DLC - Merge Tracking and UFDC - all merger work done.
- DLC - METS Editor - Mark is working on a release. Hope to have it done by Monday.
- DLC - Migration to Solr/Lucene - one week away from starting.
- ALF network issues - creative solutions phase. We moved the DeDup database to local ALF hosting in an attempt to solve the slow access issue. May move them to SQL, but there is some resistance. The complaint is in regards to slowness in updating records.
- SharePoint - user classes to be offered through HR soon. Need to give the class description to HR and then design a rough curriculum and Q&A.
- New HR SharePoint site - they are moving to it for candidate search and review. We are working with Bonnie and Tina on site design and training.
- Infrastructure - DHCP still at 75% complete. Should be finished in 2-3 weeks.
- VIVO - we will be taking over the VIVO server management in a few weeks. Working with CTRIP to troubleshoot current issues.
- UFAD - management transition - new Exchange folks.
- ProofPoint roll out complete as of last Thursday.
- CNS GIG switch issue - ports were dropping off. Fixed.
- Cynthia has a new ticket with an issue caused by errors at FCLA.
- Amy has a ticket from Cathy Martyniak.
- FCLA is working on UBorrow. It was not working correctly for many users on Tuesday. All of the clients were not updating correctly. Matthew is doing some last minute checking on this issue.
- FEFDL - Tom met with Jan and made a draft of the proposal site. Redoing.
- Matthew - Study Room Reservations - delayed due to UBorrow issues. It is ready to go, but the standalone console has to be made to work.
- Tom notes there were 467 Web tickets logged this past evaluation period.
- Public Win7 migration - still waiting on Clean Slate. They've been giving us new builds, but the new ones break old fixes. They are working on it.
- Altiris license renewals should be here soon. Once received, Trish and Evan will get into Asset Management. This will be the last major hurdle before staff migration. Once that is done, we can proceed with staff migration to WIN7.
- SharePoint - all of the room guides are done, except two. Basically, it's ready to go. We will push a link to staff the day before the next IT Update and then review it during the meeting.
- MSL107 GIS Lab - back on the table for the tech fee proposal. CISE plans on running a 3D virtual lab and we are going to run a GIS lab. They would like it all in one location. Most likely to be MSL. Should know more next week.
- General use staff computer inventory - techs are working on it.
- New microform machines received - but are not functional yet. We are working on it.
- WIN7 scanner replacement - 13 received. Currently stored in West shop until migration.
- AV Proposal - no word yet from Provost. Facilities projects approved, but no word on AV.
- Room reservation computer - our end is done. Matthew Daley is working with FCLA.
- 100 replacement staff machines - PO should be cut in the next couple of days.
- Help Desk - email submission option announced. Students are on spring break this week.
- Tapes - need to have 7 more bins delivered and all of the bins removed and then the disposal should be complete.
- Altiris demo - Evan gave a demo of Altiris Asset Management, encouraging all IT staff to think about how they can eventually use it