- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
February 15, 2011
February 15, 2011
Present: Shruti Bagri, Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Mark Sullivan, Mike Tyler, Evan WackAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- Unit Accomplishments - Networking - Logan & Amy are both out today. To be reviewed next week.
- Continuing to work on Altiris Notification server. Patch management and plugins are working. Working on software metering.
- SharePoint - just received the first room guide. Will review and put it up on the site. After a few more, we can go live.
- Lockdown computer policies - close to done. Will limit where in the catalog patrons can go. Hopefully we can go live with it tomorrow or Thursday.
- All AV proposals are with the Provost.
- Public printing - awaiting Win7.
- Steady State technician - came out for one day. There was miscommunication regarding how long he was supposed to stay. He is now scheduled to come during spring break and stay until the problem is resolved.
- Tapes - Debra identified that all of the SPOT tapes were copied to the CNS VTS from cartridge versions back in 2007. Winston and Debra pulled all SPOT documentation from the old Smathers IT area. Debra compared all 148 SPOT VTS maps to the LTMS database. Joe Aufmuth has agreed that since the data has been verified on VTS, we can go ahead and remove the SPOT tapes with the rest of the collection. Debra will arrange to have the tapes returned to Smathers tape vault from ALF. Will coordinate with Cintas to have 15 bins delivered, after checking with Facilities to verify there will be no workers in the vault at that juncture.
- Recruitment Study (HR) - Maureen met with Brian Keith. There are still more reports to do.
- Document Disposition database - demo for folks at GPO - had a successful connectivity test. Actual demo scheduled for next week. User management tool released. GovDocs staff can add new users to the system and link them to their universities. Phase II underway.
- Macros - 3-4 active. Just finished one for Acquisitions.
- Kuali OLE - big week this week: UF is hosting the functional council.
- Library Hours - looking good. Just need to add note function.
- Class registration system (MSL) - Amy Buhler is looking at other options. On hold.
- ITS - met with Isabel and Missy regarding changes to make it more efficient for faculty to record the classes they teach.
- Panama Canal database - done.
- Researching the possible move of ASERL CFDP database to UF. Seems to be compatible with our set up.
DLC General Issues
- SharePoint 2010 - New IT site. Document library created for HR Candidate Assessments - they no longer need to user public folders.
- VIVO database performance monitoring - Logan is looking into it.
- DHCP - building count of Circulation access computers - 75% complete.
- Hardware should be out of the server room by the end of February.
- DLC - merge tracking and UFDC - just about complete.
- METS editor - next week.
- Migration to Solr/Lucene to follow.
- Chat widget now on Library home page.
- New FEFDL web site priced out. Need to check with Judy on the functionality.
- Cathy Martyniak has requested an ALF web site as well as one for the High Density Facility. Need to check with Judy about the URL.
- Will heard that UF is redoing the campus web site. In WordPress, perhaps. Should be up in about six months.
- Will also heard that UF is considering a policy that any UF social media has to be approved by VP of UF IT.
- Mobile device policy - eventually, may have to be registered.