- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
January 18, 2011
January 18, 2011
Present: Shruti Bagri, Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Maureen Kelly, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Mark Sullivan, Mike Tyler, Evan Wack
Guest: Rachel SchipperAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 1/11/2011
- Software Unit accomplishments reviewed.
- Relationship Training: Wednesday 1/19, 9am-12pm.
- Town Hall Meeting: Feb. 8. Everyone is encouraged to attend. Core competencies will be covered.
Ongoing IT Updates
- HW#9 - Last sentence removed.
- HW#3 - "Deployment" not "Notification".
- Altiris Notification Server - online, configuring plug-in.
- Altiris Deployment Server - moved, online. Throughput issues have been mostly sorted out. Trish is recreating the public image.
- SharePoint - Debra is working on it. She needs to talk to Tom Minton.
- Education - Mobile Video Conferencing - quote being redone, price was too high. Rachel requests that Evan give the quote to Rob Roberts. She says Rob is expecting a couple of rooms in West to be covered, too.
- Specialty Printer inventory - Brian Keith requested a list of all Library printers that are not LaserJets. This is for the campus-wide printing solution. Evan should be able to get the list to Brian on Thursday.
- Public WIN7 migration - pre-staging is done. Clean Slate is still working on problems.
- Public laptop printing - awaiting Windows 7.
- Remedy - awaiting new version.
- MSL 107 technology proposal - awaiting word.
- Grand Reading Room / Group Study Room AV Proposals - waiting on quotes
- Tapes: Debra found a local company which will destroy the tapes not being kept. SPOT tapes will be stored at ALF. Rachel noted that LandSAT information is available online.
DLC General Issues
- Bad data in source files for Patron Updates - ongoing.
- Recruitment Study (HR) - Bonnie and Brian are happy with the report templates. Scope is getting broader. May not be able to use survey gizmo tool.
- Document Disposition database - User Management Tool - Tom is working on it.
- Document Disposition database - Phase I punch list is done.
- Macros - two macros awaiting acceptance, two awaiting requirements. Michael is gathering requirements for an Acquisitions Tracking System for Paul Lightcap.
- Kuali OLE - Maureen is writing functional specifications. Winston is on the search committee for the lead developer.
- ILL server switch - scheduled for Thursday. Chris will work with Laurie.
- Panama Canal file migration - Chris imported the entire file. Discussion on which fields are required.
- Library Hours - Shruti is working on it.
- Library Class Registration System (MSL) - Maureen is looking into the HSC software to see if we can use it. Looks similar to ITS - might be able to combine with ITS.
- Integrating "Send to Outlook" into ITS - Chris is done with the button.
- Merge Tracking and UFDC - working on it. After, they can look at smaller requests.
- METS Editor - working to make it read different schemas.
- Migration to Solr/Lucene - migrating from Greenstone to Solr/Lucene.
- ALF network issues - Fiber delayed until 2012. Logan spoke to CNS. An engineer will go out and take a look next week.
- SharePoint - Amy is meeting with Branch Chairs on January 26 to discuss their site. Request from Christian Poehlmann and Beth Zavoyski - they want a place to store e-resources. Authentication might be an issue.
- Infrastructure - DHCP 90% ready. Waiting on Aleph IP list.
- NT13 - Logan has not heard from Joe yet.
- West Security - will be scheduled at the same time as VMWare rack move.
- The rest of the hardware is almost ready for survey/delivery to other departments. Logan will talk to Winston and Evan about AppDev and EPO.
- Starting to pick back up again.
- Study Room Reservation - soft launch done. Josh is working on a custom shell to manage machines.