- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
November 16, 2010
November 16, 2010
Present: Shruti Bagri, Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Maureen Kelly, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Mark Sullivan, Evan WackAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- December Leave Cash Out - November 12-25.
- Remedy folks are working on a Help Desk sandbox for us. Remedy is the campus-wide Help Desk solution that may potentially be a replacement for Grover.
- Holiday Leave Policy - make sure you request leave time off and record it appropriately. We will need to maintain minimal coverage (one person per unit).
- November's IT Update will be cancelled due to the holidays.
- Talked to Rob Roberts about the air flow in room 1A. He wasn't aware that it was a problem again, but is going to check on it.
- Software recall - need to double check with MSL and make sure we have everything.
- Remedy - queues have been made. Need to map out the work flow.
- Tickets - swamped.
- Laptop print driver instructions - working on it.
- MSL 107 tech proposal - Evan is working on it with Vernon.
- Laptop printing - investigating if West checkout laptops will handle Win7.
- FilmLog - met with Bobbie Parker. He thought he had all the requirements, but it turned out that he did not. We're trying to get a good definition so we can start.
- Attendance counter - done. Maureen came up with a solution through LibGuides.
- Recruitment study - proceeding with Brian Keith's plan. Once that is done, Brian will circulate images. Maureen has proposed to do it in RICE.
- Document Disposition database - Judy is demoing it today for the ASERL deans. Should have decisions this week. We ran into a problem with the proposed method of authentication. We were told we cannot use the authentication scheme we had planned on, so we are investigating other sources.
- Macros - 7 outstanding. They are closing faster than they are incoming.
- Project for Cathy Martyniak - JSTOR reports. There is a slight display issue.
- Kuali OLE - Winston, Maureen, Judy & Rachel attended a conference in San Diego, California. It was informative; they made good contacts.
- New Grover mods released yesterday.
- CNS outage issue last week - resolved.
- SharePoint 2010 - is going well. Had a meeting with Cataloging, showed them the ropes. Will meet again in two weeks. MSL SharePoint site is the most heavily used. Created a site for Library West tenured faculty and one for Library West as well.
- Smathers server room - print not moved yet. Will try to copy over this week. NT13 - Joe called with questions. May be done tomorrow. NT18 - ACL fixed. Will try again. Cannot virtualize the security server. Denied by CNS.
- Proofpoint - It is going live today. Replaces Barracuda. Scanning speed should speed up.
- Bridges is upgrading Exchange to be fully 2010 compatible. This will affect Mac users.
- Outage yesterday - contacted FCLA, they discovered the problem and implemented a temporary solution. It's working for the moment. Not related to the new Aleph update.
- Problem last week with the home page. It was set to stay on a particular image, but Barbara Hood cleaned the file out and it disappeared. The images are now set back to rotation.
- Oil spill - Logan is working on the URL change.