- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
November 9, 2010
November 9, 2010
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Michael Jay, MaureTom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Evan WackAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- Vivo Town Hall Meeting: Wednesday, Nov 10 room 1A 10-11AM.
- December Leave cash out: November 12-25.
- Remedy - Campus Help Desk solution. The CIO wants folks on campus to use this centrally. We are considering it. They are setting us up a sandbox for testing. It would be our own Library version. May need to move into it with Grover co-existing for a while. We would be using the Help Desk module with HW/SW/Reservations/Purchasing queues.
- Vendor came back to check room 1A. The air flow is so strong again in that room that the microphones are swaying. The vendor can't resolve the room issues until the AC issue is fixed.
- Current projects: tickets and software recall. Software recall is over halfway done.
- Laptop printing - awaiting new Canon software upgrade/Windows 7 issue resolution.
- Filmlog - waiting on Preservation.
- Attendance counter - done.
- Document Disposition database - Judy likes it - has a few minor changes.
- Macros - most of them are awaiting user acceptance.
- Grover - new changes ready to go out - complete ticket history in emails, by reverse chronological order. Also some changes to the Hardware side - new field for user name, indicating whether active staff, general or public.
- All virtualized servers down at CNS - there is an issue with a blade chassis that is causing widespread system issues. HP and VMware should be patched today.
- SharePoint - have had meetings with MSL and Cataloging. Meeting with Acquisitions tomorrow. Diane Bruxvoort requested a site for Branch Chairs. Leilani requested a Faculty Evaluation site. Michelle Crump requested a Tenure and Promotion site.
- The ALEPH Pro site may move to SharePoint. It is under discussion. Internal and outsider access would be necessary. It would be view only.
- Virtualization: print issue last week was a print spooler issue. NT13 - waiting for Joe Aufmuth. NT18 - should be able to move when Winston returns. Security server will almost certainly need to be hosted somewhere. Get CNS to say they can't do it and then we can move it to the ECOB IT shop. Staff printing to be done this week.
- All of Cynthia's tickets are on hold right now.
- Acquisition site - pretty much done. There are some links with nowhere to go.
- Oil spill site - ready to go with the name: oilspill.ufl.edu. Logan may need to wait for Winston return to get it moved.
- Worked on a few surveys this week.
- Logan - Newspaper Project - grant names registered. UF Web team not responding about name approval.