Accessibility Assistance

Skip to Content




Information Technology
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
Suite 1250
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609

Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354

Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
October 26, 2010

Present: Shruti Bagri, Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Mark Sullivan, Evan Wack
Announcements
  1. Town Hall meeting this Friday, October 29.
  2. HR Training - Relationship Strategies - will try to schedule it out here at ECOB.
  3. December Leave Cashout - record the time between November 12-November 23.
  4. October IT Update - tomorrow, Wed 10/27 2PM rm 1A.
  5. IT Staff meeting agenda now presented online at meeting (no paper). Meeting minutes to be emailed out to staff the day prior to our meeting (no more paper). Send changes to Debra to edit before posting online.
Review Minutes of 10/19/10
  1. HW #1 - insert "planning" in "started installation".
Ongoing IT Updates

Hardware
  1. 1A vendor here today to fix the microphone situation. The overheads stopped working. Evan to speak with the vendor - too many issues.
  2. Canon printer software - Josh is installing upgrades.
  3. We are DBANing 620's & 745's. Holding 12 745's until new replacements are ordered.
  4. All other projects currently shelved until we get caught up on tickets.
  5. Help Desk: 1200 tickets, 680 Hardware.
Software
  1. FilmLog - no update.
  2. Attendance Counter - WordPress installed by Logan, but Isabel does not know how to use it. Maureen will help her.
  3. Recruitment Study - meeting this week with Bonnie and Brian. Maureen to work on it on her off time.
  4. Document Disposition database - Jan was in Washington and she spoke with the webmaster at the government printing office. Winston has written her again. Should get a response this time.
  5. Macros - one closed. Met with Cathy Martyniak last week - she has a new project for us. She has a big list of items shared by SUS institutions and she needs to be able to manipulate the data.
  6. Maureen Kelly is off today. No OLE news.
Network/Server Administration
  1. SharePoint is moving along. No new requests. No action on the Cataloging/Acquisition site. Will contact them. Logan is doing a presentation on SharePoint at the IT Update meeting tomorrow.
  2. Staff print server - Logan is copying it over to the VM right now. Should be moved by the end of the week.
  3. NT13 - finished ARC GIS install. Gave it to Joe Aufmuth this morning. Need to let Mark and Winston know when the Aerial interface is ready.
  4. NT18 - Winston and Logan to discuss.
  5. West security Logan is 95% sure we cannot use VM, but he has a call in to Mary Byrd at CNS.
ILS
  1. Going smoothly.
  2. Logan is getting a SharePoint site together for Steve, Betsy and other ILS folks.
Web Projects
  1. New Judaica site was presented by Rebecca. It is done, can come off the list.
  2. Acquisitions site - more changes.