- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
October 19, 2010
October 19, 2010
Present: Shruti Bagri, Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Maureen Kelly, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Evan WackAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- Happy Birthday to Tom Bielicke and Tom Minton.
- Quality Customer Service Training - we all attended yesterday - Will would like some feedback on: main IT email address, telephone etiquette and Grover email. Discussed.
- Altiris - started planning installation. Called, Duncan, he wants to talk. Conference call scheduled for this Friday.
- SharePoint - first training video completed. "How to Map Network Drives" demoed. Evan spoke with DLC, they suggested we create our own You Tube video host to host the videos. Buck is working on getting Tasks to synch with Outlook and getting the program that creates thumbnail files functional.
- Network printer info - should be done by the end of the week, Monday at the latest.
- Software reorganization - moving along, collecting software from departments.
- EPO - patched and functional.
- Public printing - new software release has been installed on one printer in West for testing.
- Win7 for public and staff - waiting for Clean Slate and software reorg, respectively.
- Grover release last Thursday - should now work in all browsers.
- FilmLog - met with Preservation folks. Discussed possible changes with FilmLog and some other programs. They requested some data from us and Chris sent them all the database diagrams, so the ball is their court.
- Attendance counter - Isabel is happy with the WordPress plug-in. Logan to install it.
- Recruitment study - Maureen is looking into it. Reporting needs work.
- Document Disposition database - Tom & Shruti are working on changes from Jan & Chelsea. Judy sent Winston an email asking if it does this and that - he replied that it doesn't now, but could if need be. No response yet.
- Macros - Acquisitions 1.1 should be finished this week. It will help Library West folks to do check-in.
- Kuali OLE - technical folks to meet.
- SharePoint is moving along pretty well. We had a few issues - really, just a learning curve. We now have a good idea of how to deploy staff sites. We are not enforcing any template right now - no color schemes or themes. Had a few more requests this week, Branch Chairs being one of them.
- App server - done. Had one issue, but it's been fixed. Web server is also done. Both are fully on CNS. Still left to migrate: EPO, SUS, NT13 (Maps) - Logan will install, NT18 (Illiad, Ariel) and the security box.
- Altiris server - it is set up here in the Eastside IT shop. Need to figure out SAN storage.
- GIG switch for Eastside - Logan to talk to CNS.
DLC General Issues
- Cynthia installed Oracle to no avail as Jason's queries are failing. Cynthia emailed FCLA, but no response yet.
- Amy notes that Betsy was able to get a lot of information on her own. They are experimenting with how they can do more.
- ARL Stats due this week - Matthew spoke with Michele Crump.
- Nothing new. Finished with server side.
- OCR query remains.
- Oil Spill site is going nowhere fast.
- Judaica - new URL with re-directs, thanks to Logan and Winston.
- Acquisitions reorganization - changing unit titles and sub-sites. Tom met with Steve to discuss. They want a new site for Print and Media unit. They also want five new consolidated pages.