- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
October 12, 2010
October 12, 2010
Present: Shruti Bagri, Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Mark Sullivan, Evan WackAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- Dawn Kight is visiting us tomorrow from Southern University.
- December Leave cash-out: 16 hours. Can be submitted November 12-25.
- Documents LSTA grant computers - we received them, but not by the grant deadline. Now the question is whether to save/reissue them or must they be returned to Dell? We are waiting for a decision from Administration.
- Minor EPO changes - updates to go out tonight. Trish notes that the servers do not have McAfee. Give Logan a list of those without it and he will put it on the ones that are not virtualized.
- Altiris - waiting for server.
- SharePoint - the Hardware Unit is using Project Tasks. It stopped synching with Outlook. Evan sent an email to Buck. Camtasia videos to be started next week. General SharePoint discussion.
- Win7 staff migration is hinging on the collection of software from staff. Need to build images for DLC and Cataloging.
- Scanner testing for Win7 is almost done.
- Public printing - new version still on schedule.
- Vaults - surveyed items not picked up yet by Surplus Property.
- Recruitment Study - met with Bonnie and Brian (HR). Brian is looking over reports.
- OCR automation - on hold.
- Document Disposition database - demoed to Jan & Chelsea. They were quite pleased. We are scheduled to show Judy. There are lots of ways to go from this point, so we need her direction.
- Macros - 10 or so active, per usual. Trying to get Acquisitions 1.1 released.
- Maureen Kelly is out today - no OLE news.
- Grover - close to new release that supports Chrome & Safari. Will work on the .Net 4.0 framework.
- Meeting Thursday with Preservation folks: Cathy Martyniak and Bobby Parker. Will discuss the future of FilmLog.
- Attendance counter for Isabel - Maureen Kelly found an off-the-shelf item that will work for her.
- SharePoint-IT taskforce meeting - on the right track.
- App server - mirrored copy is at CNS. We will take both down and then add the new one tonight.
- Old MSL server is up and running in the ECOB IT Shop. Logan still needs to make some configuration changes and then we can load Altiris. Hopefully, in a few days, it will be ready.
DLC General Issues
- Meeting this morning with all folks involved. Progress made. They have a better idea of our limitations. Betsy and Steve asked if they can take training on the SQL Oracle database. We think so, just need to check with Donna Alsbury at FCLA that it is okay for them to do so.
- Cynthia has a question for Winston regarding running a query in Oracle, saving it out and them importing it into SQL. He thinks it can be done.
- UFDC server configuration - Winston would like a diagram of the set up.
- Acquisitions reorganization - Monographs is now Print and Media. Steve requested updates to their web site reflective of the change.