- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
September 28 2010
September 28 2010
Present: Shruti Bagri, Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Mark Sullivan, Evan WackAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- Will advises to wear gloves if you are power washing using bleach.
- Meeting agenda to be emailed out and displayed for the next staff meeting.
- Library Council meeting notes were emailed out to IT staff.
- Open Enrollment 9/27-10/22.
- ECOB Open House: this Friday, Oct. 1. Debra and Cynthia have volunteered to coordinate the event with Misty.
- Michael Jay is back from his trip, but not to the office.
- IT Update on Wednesday - attendance on campus is optional - if you are at ECOB, you can participate remotely.
- Staff computer replacement is done.
- Staff migration - images will need to be redone for Win7.
- Software - we intend to collect all software from all Library branches.
- SharePoint - design template - is Matthew working on it? Not so much - he would really need permissions on the back end.
- Help Desk - still looking for a student to work the morning shift on MWF.
- Met with Laurie Taylor and Randall Renner about OCR automation. We've decided to keep looking at Kirtas.
- Document disposition database - internal demo scheduled for this week.
- OLE - Maureen is just returning from training on the Rice programming environment. We'll get a report from her when she settles back in.
- Grover - Chris has in working with .Net 4.0, but it's very slow. Needs further testing.
- App server - move scheduled for this week. Web needs to go as well.
- Going well. Finishing reports, but getting errors.
- Jason is still getting FCLA updates.