- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
July 6, 2010
July 6, 2010
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Amy Polk, Evan WackAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 6/28/10
- Be ready for the move: Monday, July 12. Evan walked through on Friday - only two offices had no cleaning issue-type problems. Building will be opened 7AM-7PM.
- Hardware group will need all of the IT Dept's assistance on August 6-22. Need help setting up 150 new public computers in West. Has to be done by the end of the summer semester.
Ongoing IT Updates
- HW #2 - remove staff member's name.
- New fiscal year: ordering commenced.
- Making progress with Altiris. Virtualization software is working.
- Cathy Martyniak has requested OCS for her group. She wants Office 2010 as well. That will wait until the staff migration.
- Win7 - DLC is not interested in volunteering to go first. We need someone to test. Two folks in access Services have volunteered. They have both ARIEL and ARES.
- OCS is working with videoconferencing. Should be up in 1A soon.
- Public printing - working on it. Pharos was working on the delay and crashed the Arrowmark server completely. We have our regular conference call on Thursday.
- Time Limited workstations - Clean Slate is building in the fix. Time Limited is a Clean Slate product. It will need to be managed by Circ Desk staff. This is just waiting on the finalized version of Clean Slate.
- Privilege authority - will release it with staff migration to Win7.
- Open Access - demoed to Isabel. There were a few tweaks to make. Chris will get on it upon his return.
- Document Disposition database - Winston met with Jan Swanbeck. They discussed Tom and Shruti's work on the project. Jan is enthusiastic, but has more requirements. Winston will be attending the ASERL meeting in Atlanta.
- Database migration - almost all of Smathers2K3SQL is done - except some of Cynthia's SQL stuff.
- Acquisition macro suite - Waiting for Acquisitions to document their procedures. Paul Lightcap has some non-macro coding that Michael will work on. Evan may want Michael to test virtualization on MacroExpress.
- Two people to interview for the programming position in about two weeks.
DLC General Issues
- Sharepoint site is now active. It is bare right now; will get into it in the next few weeks. Unknown as to what exactly we want to do. We will do the IT site first with each unit having a sub-site. IT Knowledge site - pre-planning for Sharepoint.
- DHCP - done. Need a master list of static IPs. Discussion of naming convention. Will talk with FCLA about going by name or range.
- Virtualization - still moving. Amy is moving staff printing. Hope to get it done this week.
- Canon server move - someone needs to call Ed before Thursday.
- GIS - will try to migrate tomorrow (copy it over) and then move Tomcat out.
- Basically done.
- OCR boxes - problem with one, moved it to a 32 bit box and now it's okay.
- Matthew has been redesigning the Judaica site.
- Matthew is making a video of patrons using the Library computers for Rachel.