- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
June 28, 2010
June 28, 2010
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Evan WackReview Minutes of 06/14/10
Ongoing IT Updates
- Software #1 - Open Access Publishing Fund form.
- Public printing - Canon is aggressively working to fix the printing issues. Migration - problems trying to migrate to the virtual server. It seems to be an issue with the Canon/Pharos software. One color printer in MSL did migrate without a problem. The final failure seemed to be changing the IP configuration and then at the restart, it sits there forever. Canon is in the middle of updating their software. We can't move public printing until this issue is resolved.
- Altiris - Win7 migration jobs are ready to go. We tried to image a new staff machine. The personality capture was 55G. It failed. Think we will tell everyone at the IT Update meeting on Wednesday to put all of their stuff on the U: drive. Our plan for the migration is to run personality captures at night and take a disk snapshot. What about multiple users? Altiris will capture all domain profiles.
- Public image - awaiting Clean Slate again. The fix did not get rid of the registry key. Need to test Delphi on a test machine with Win7 (Fiscal Services & HR databases).
- Altiris DNS (deployment server) and NS (notification server) need to be on physical boxes, not virtual. Virtual software is working - successfully tested with OCS. All of West wants OCS. We will announce it at the meeting on Wednesday. Discussion of software licensing with Altiris metering.
- GovDocs disposition database - Tom Bielicke is working on it. He is downloading the tools for the Linux server.
- Open Access - front end done and email is working. Misty is back from vacation today, so we will discuss.
- Betsy Simpson has some third party software that needs security on our end. RDA toolkit requests authenticated user and then we pass them a URL. It is proving more difficult then we first thought.
- Macros - Serials part of Acquisitions - working with Paul Lightcap on it. No procedures documented, have to reverse engineer it. Trying to encourage them to write down how they use it.
- Public printing migration - waiting for Canon.
- Move to virtual is going well. We have almost all of DLC done. Working on the last Greenstone server. Had some speed issues - will fall back to the Samba. DLC Web is done.
- Staff printing - Amy created a new 2K3 print server for staff. She has worked out a good system to move people's printer paths. We will send out the address this week.
- GIS server has to be done. Will talk to Joe Aufmuth.
- VIVO - 3 boxes to CNS to go to CNS. They want to start from scratch. Need 64 bit server.
- Tickets this week - support from FCLA, which was positive.
- Network cleanup - 368 folders deleted. Supervisors contacted and more action has been taken.
- Proxy server - auto VPN rather than our current proxy might be a solution.