- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
May 24, 2010
May 24, 2010
Present: Shruti Bagri, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Howell, Michael Jay, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Mark Sullivan, Evan Wack
Guest: Rachel SchipperAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 5/17/10
- Rachel asks for bathroom remodeling feedback: men's room appliance positioning is not so great. Women's room: no mirrors or soap dispenser hung up as of yet.
- IT Dept Info Meeting - we did a good job. No real feedback from staff. Rachel would like us to give an explanation of the room reservation system in the future.
- UFAD meeting - OCS is going live in the next two weeks. Five-server cluster will be rolled out. It will change how it works somewhat. Used to be that you had to have a Gatorlink account to use it, but now you can invite anyone to a live meeting, it doesn't have to be UF staff. Sharepoint is on track to roll out next month. We should be able to use it by July. UF is upgrading to Exchange 2010 this summer. Our staff can put in a ticket requesting an upgrade to Office 2010. UF is upgrading to ECAL - WIN server license are free.
- Division Meeting - this Wednesday, May 26, 9-11AM. Everyone is requested to attend.
Ongoing IT Updates
- Regarding Relocation #4: disposal of CDs requires cross-cutting. Regarding paper disposal: we are going with a campus entity, not Iron Mountain.
- Flurry of finishing-up orders this week.
- On track.
- New garbage cans and some furniture will be ordered.
- Public printing - Pharos says duplexing works and that it's a matter of verbiage. They will change the wording.
- Antivirus - EPO talk last week. We turned up Artemis.
- Videoconferencing on schedule.
- Altiris - on schedule for next week. Agents in West and on staff machines.
- Win7 staff image is done. Public image has an issue with the audio. We're working on it.
- CleanSlate - vendor is not in the UF Vendor List. Sonia is waiting on the company to fill out the paperwork.
- Time Limited workstations - waiting on the image.
- Privilege authority - is working. Have used it to update Firefox, Flash, Java, Illiad, etc.
- Laurie has been working hard in the vaults surveying out all of the old equipment.
- Patron Updates ran successfully on the new database server.
- Grover mods - Electronic Resources rolled out this morning.
- Macro - four outstanding. Meeting with Paul Lighcap today - Monograph ordering macro.
- Shruti moved two AFA databases to the new server.
- We'll start moving Special Collections databases this afternoon.
- Chris is modifying the public log off screen.
- Working on Illiad file modification.
- CatQC - changes.
- DHCP - ongoing. All branches should have it sometime soon. It should be functional in West for Altiris right now.
- CNS virtualization is going well. Most of DLC was moved last week: production, storage array, archive. FTP this week. Working on UFDC data copy. About 1/2 done. Maps and VIVO are still left.
- Streaming video - talk to Laurie Taylor about it. Last time Logan spoke with Laurie, we did not need a server for it.
DLC General Issues
- Met with Jason last week. Still having issues with knowledge transfer.
- There may be possible solutions.
- OCR, JPG2K servers - latency problems - NT19.
- New version of the Web - all metadata searching on SQL. Created a usability test - no feedback yet.
- Redesign to the Judaica site - they like it.
- Met with Stacey Ewing about Room Reservation use in the Catalog. Could soft launch this week.
- VT Calendar - Barbara Hood had Matthew set up 45 accounts for other users. He will send instructions on how to use. Rachel to check with Barbara about the number of users. Workflow issue. Will the template for it work in Word Press? Yes.
- Proxy - nothing new.
- Web server move - will take at least two weeks. We are redesigning the structure. We'll set up the new site here, make sure it works, and then copy it over. Will have to re-permission and re-create virtual directories.