- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
May 17, 2010
May 17, 2010
Present: Shruti Bagri, Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Howell, Michael Jay, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Evan WackAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 5/10/10
- June 25 is National Take Your Dog to Work Day. Cynthia sure would like to bring Tippy to work.
- Dinner for Bill - no date yet.
- Smathers IT Update meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, May 19, 2-3:30PM. IT issues to be discussed.
Ongoing IT Updates
- Nets # 2 - disk space, not dish space.
- Closing out.
- Identify items you are going to be taking to the Eastside with you, and ones that you are not.
- We have labels to put on the furniture to be moved to Eastside.
- We need to contact Iron Mountain for bins for paper that need to be shredded.
- Old software - denote it as obsolete in Grover, break it, then toss it.
- Move date is July 12.
- Nothing new on printing - Canon says they will have a fix by the end of June.
- Video conferencing is on schedule.
- Altiris will be giving us four days back, as well as some remote time. The engineers will be here June 1-4 and the week after. They will remote in tomorrow to tweak our servers.
- Win7 staff image is done. We are discussing building Office 2010 into it. We spoke to Circa and they are doing a Win7 migration in their labs. If they go to Office 2010, we'd like to. Will is going to bring it up to Library Council.
- Privilege Authority - back burner.
- Public image - we will be setting up 1 or 2 tables for testing in West.
- Time limited machines - will go out with the rest of them.
Grover Electronic Resources mods are almost done. Shruti is testing. Should be done this week.
- Shruti has been working on several ITS changes - faculty reporting of instruction.
- Tom Bielicke has been working heavily on Jason's FCLA queries. They need a Web shell around them so catalogers can use them.
- There are a ton of macros this week.
- VT calendar can come off the list.
- DHCP is in progress. We have a checklist of ranges. Most locations will be fine. East & MSL might be problematic. Need to test. Change can be affected through group policy to all branches.
- CNS virtualization - moving along. About half of the servers are done. This week: UFDC, DLC production and the Aware server. Mark had an issue with Aware and we need to test it on the CNS hardware. We may have to back it up ourselves.
- If we finish DLC this week, that leaves NT13, the app server, archive, FTP and the public print servers. We're not too far from the end.
- CNS backup - new estimates for the archive server are a bit pricey, but there's no way around it.
- Streaming video may be back on hold for now.
DLC General Issues
- Amy's training over the Mother's Day weekend - wasn't all that relevant to what we do. They do not use SQL to query.
- Mark is out getting root canal.
- OCR on hold until the rest is migrated.
- JPG2K storage migration discussed.
- Presentation for Word Press went fairly well, with some minor modifications from Rachel.
- Regional Depository Project - no action.
- Proxy - no action.
- Worked up a search box for the Library Web site. It looks good.
- Matthew is working on a redesign of the Judaica site.