- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
May 10, 2010
May 10, 2010
Present: Shruti Bagri, Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Howell, Michael Jay, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Josh Spurgin, Mark Sullivan, Evan WackAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 4/30/2010
- Bill Covey is retiring. He has taken vacation time prior to retirement. Brian is working to put together a dinner. Let Will know if you plan to attend.
Ongoing IT Updates
- Remove Announcement #2.
- Fiscal deadlines: May 28: POs, out-of-state PCard. June 10: in-state PCard.
- Eastside campus official address: 2124 NE Waldo Rd. Gainesville, FLA 32609.
- Official move date: July 12.
- Need to contact Iron Mountain for document shredding.
- Furniture - Evan should get with Grace to discuss.
- Public printing - Evan spoke with Gale on Friday. She sent a strongly worded email to Canon. She will send an individual email regarding each issue. She will also contact Pharos. After that, Evan can contact Canon directly.
- Videoconferencing - scheduled for the first week in June. They are adding microphones and speakers so there will be a total of 12 apiece. There was video interference recently due to the stairwell construction. Once all of the equipment is installed, we will do the documentation.
- Altiris - deployment server installed. We can see all of the computers. PXE boot is working. There was a problem when Chris was running Patron Update, it strangled the server. Logan fixed that issue. We will be getting agents on the rest of the staff machines today.
- AD structure is done.
- Clean Slate is working.
- Win7 image is done. Just working on the log-off warning.
- Privilege authority - back burner for now.
- Time-limited workstations - waiting for Clean Slate.
- Public replacements in West - getting ready for it.
- Students for Summer A semester: Paul, Shamika and Hayley.
- Patron updates - lost 18,000 students for the summer, so it should run faster.
- ARL Stats - move to Pending Outside Forces - waiting for Steve Carrico.
- Grover mods for Electronic Resources - started.
- Library hours management tool is live. Administration should be updating it. Need to have the regular staff directory driven by this app.
- Jason sent several programming requests for FCLA/ALEPH type of reports.
- MJ - Acquisitions macros suite - working on it, in the design phase. ALF macros were released.
- OLE is now 20% of Winston's time, due to Bill's retirement. He will be hiring two new programmers. They will be IT staff.
DLC General Issues
- CNS virtualization - Cynthia finished the Web folders. The Web is scheduled to move next week.
- Backup Exec is out of disk space. Dailies are missing. Pull the IT Dept out - that should make some room.
- VM machine sandbox? We need something in place to package stuff. Evan and Will to talk to Logan.
- Streaming video - bouncing around again - DLC and Dr. Silver. Laurie Taylor has a solution.
- Servers to move this week.
- Storage to move next week.
- Regional Depository Project - the Depository Library Council brought up the idea of looking at providing AdManager software to the government printing office.
- Proxy server - no news.
- CMS - WordPress was working well until Tom added MSL. Now it is broken.
- Discussion of Bonnie Smith's large PDF issue.