- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
April 26, 2010
April 26, 2010
Present: Shruti Bagri, Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Howell, Michael Jay, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Mark Sullivan, Evan WackAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 4/19/10
- Floor plan for relocation attached to this week's agenda. We will have small groups of staff tour the Eastside later in the week. Shelving will be unused pieces from West. If you think you need any additional furniture, let Will know. Tentative date of completion is still June, although our exact date of occupancy has not been announced. Looks like we can tell student hires they will be working on campus through the summer semester.
- Any volunteers for the Disaster Preparedness Committee? Evan, Cynthia, Josh.
- Funding for IT training - Linux and various others
Ongoing IT Updates
- SW #1 - remove "failure".
- Nets #8 - remove dollar amounts.
- Nets #9 - remove item completely.
- IT budget is low - holding off on purchases for now.
- As previously mentioned: furniture requests to Will, field trip to Eastside and shelving from West.
- Nothing new with public printing as Gayle (Purchasing) is out on vacation.
- Wireless keyboard & mouse - discussion regarding its fate upon relocation to the Eastside. Keep it in the conference room? Leave it with Preservation?
- Videoconferencing - waiting on paperwork.
- Altiris - Monday, May 3 the installation team is scheduled to be here. Evan is working to redesign AD, making it Altiris-friendly.
- Clean Slate - works on reboot, not on log off. Working on it.
- Facilities - has volunteered to be guinea pigs for Altiris Win7 migration.
- Privilege authority - awaiting permissions.
- Time-Limited - waiting for Clean Slate.
- Help Desk - new student hired for summer, Hayley Snedeker. Full rooster for summer will be: Hayley, Paul and Shamika. After message still not working on the phone as of today.
- Patron update rewrite ongoing.
- ARL stats ongoing.
- Several macros completed.
- Candidate Assessment forms - Chris finished two last week.
- Jason was here last week. We met/trained with him.
- He will be back one more time before his departure.
- Logan is asking Winston or one of the programmers for assistance with queries.
- VT Calendar - ready to go as soon as CNS gets the ports open correctly.
- Blog moved. Need to move Jabber.
- Linux apps - have to do a flip. It will need to come down for a little bit. Should not cause problems, just changing the virtual host.
- DHCP - progressing. Requested one full private range for each location. Some do not need full, some need more. The CNS ticket is assigned to Mary Byrd.
- CNS virtualization - moving along. DLC database, SQL & Linux app done. Also management server for EPO, Clean Slate, and all other management tools. Need to buy service licenses for that box.
- VM created. Space available for file server. Will start to plan the move this week. Web, file server and printers to be moved next week (break week). Will make incremental copies. May have one evening outage. Will wait for Winston to return for the Web move.
DLC General Issues
- Open Access - done.
- Regional Depository Project - email sent out about a Town Hall Meeting on the project.
- Proxy server was down this weekend. It did not reboot. Cliff rebooted it this morning.
- CMS - three-column template created.
- Endeca committee wants to change the look of the catalog. Would like them to wait for the Web change to WordPress. This involves 3-4 committees.
- Sharepoint on schedule. We will have access in June. Should be able to offer it to staff in July. Both Logan and Chris will be attending Sharepoint training.
- CNS virtualization - UFDC - will move the week after the Web and File Server. Will do OCR software (ABBY) this week.
- NT19 - migrating data to Web1. Getting it in a continuous data space before the move.
- Discussing hosting the production server on the CNS server.