Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
October 19, 2009
October 19, 2009
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Bill Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Mark Sullivan, Evan Wack
Guest: Rachel SchipperAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- It's cold!
- Winston's class last week was very good.
- Move to Eastside - floor plans included have been included in last week's minutes. Any adjustments need to be submitted to Will Chaney by this afternoon.
- FCLA wish list orders incoming. Logan will get the Enterprise server order in today. Rachel asks that Will get the orders to Judy for review by Friday morning.
- Canon - locks re-glued. One came off on the third floor of West. Pharos has a fix forthcoming for the long delays between the first and second copies. We broke even on photocopying for the month of September. Hope to start making money in October. Color copying helps in that regard.
- Local DHCP in East - Logan to work on it this week.
- Laptop encryption - 6-7 new laptops are currently in service. Will had to contact Dell for a new hard drive for the last one.
- Video conferencing - Evan has a meeting about the integration on Thursday and Friday. Will get quotes. Rob was nervous about Room 1A.
- Back-up schedule documentation - Will has all of the documentation together.
- Win 7 - an Alligator reporter was asking when we plan on installing it. We have no time table.
Network Server Administration
- Grover mods - waiting for final decision.
- VIVO - Stephen is out, no updates.
- Macros - one statistical update awaiting acceptance. Also working on a hybrid solution between Marc and macro.
- Room reservation - demo ready for Judy.
- Winston will be busy this week going through the pool of candidates for Stephen's replacement.
- Minor failure on the daily backups.
- New ALEPH client and September service pack. It updates itself - no problems reported.
DLC General Issues
- Matthew is out.
IT Security Management
- JPEG2K - moved drive arrays.
- Load balancing - working on it.
- Faculty self-submittal form - Mark built their own log-on so that they will not have to use Shibboleth for the demo. But, Shibboleth will work for us.
- Streaming video - Logan had a request from Judy to check on viability. There is a donor who has a lot of video stuff in mind. We want the capability for streaming video.
- Meeting held.