Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
August 24, 2009
August 24, 2009
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Bill Covey, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Michael Jay, Paul McDonough, Bobbie Meng, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Mark Sullivan, Evan Wack, Stephen Williams
Guest: Rachel SchipperAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- Jason will be working remotely from home on a trial basis. The number he is reachable at is listed on PAULA.
- New public printing - installation begins today at 1PM in LAC. Pharos will be here. Logan has the server set up. Should have an approved version by the end of the day tomorrow. There was a bit of controversy with the print locks, but they should be in sometime this week. Once the security is in place, we will distribute the rest of the documentation. Everyone should have attended the training sessions, despite the changes in scheduling. Gator One and walk-up cards are not ready yet. We will keep updating folks via email. Laurie suggests installing the larger Libraries last, as printing is heavy the first week of classes. We'll start with the small and do the big branches last, if Shelley and Tara concur. Evan says the Hardware folks can follow and install the software as they go. Maybe in the smaller places, but for the larger ones it would be much better to push it via SMS.
- CNS at MSL - running wires - upgrading the wireless boosters. The problem is saturation. The upgrade should improve the access, not the speed.
- Rachel announces mandatory RCM training for anyone who works with the budget. Sign-up via MyUFL for a two-hour session to be held at the Reitz Union.
Software Projects Status
- Workstation installations are finished. All equipment for survey has been palletized. We are completely out of the room on the first floor. It needs to be cleaned, however.
- Staff laptop image - done, but not tested.
- OPAC image - 360's don't fit on the shelves. Will use 620's instead. We're working on the high-end image.
- Grover updates for all moved equipment is complete.
- Local DHCP - Logan will have time to get to it next week.
- Backup schedule documentation - just missing Tivoli. Logan to document and get it to Cynthia.
- Laptop encryption - once the image is done, we can proceed with encrypting the hard drives.
- Winston is out on jury duty today.
- Patron Update failed. Stephen is working on it.
- Computer Availability Tool fixed.
- Macros - Michael Jay is catching up - touched base with Jason briefly.
- Web Grover mods - Matthew gave his list types. Once the changes are made, will demo.
- Gator Scholar - test copy set up on laptop to assess ingesting of data. The new server is almost ready. When it is complete, it will be mirrored to MSL.
- ALEPH enhancement - standard vendor deal. All ALEPH sites will get together and make a change. Ex-Libris would respond. Might wait 2-3 years from the time preference is submitted.
- Put up a location static map to the different Libraries.
- Changes to Selector form - fixed.
- Added graphics to the home page.
- Corrected survey for Sara Russell-Gonzalez.
- Meeting with Branch Chairs on Wednesday regarding designs for Web page.
- Content management - replicating home page design for branch libraries.
Students and Department
- All servers are up. Loading image data. Will probably take two more days.
- FTP server is up.
- Replistor synched to MSL this past weekend.
- SAN migration should be finished by the end of this week.
- Faculty self-submittal form for IR - meeting tomorrow, demo Friday.
IT Security Management
- Paul is the only student currently working.
- Two former students have expressed interest in working this semester and should be stopping by later this week.
- Meeting held.