Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
July 20, 2009
July 20, 2009
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Bill Covey, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Jason Fleming, Winston Harris, Paul McDonough, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Patricia Ruwell, Evan Wack, Stephen Williams
Guest: Rachel SchipperReview Minutes of 7/13/09
Ongoing IT Updates
- Ann#1 - Carlton did well his first week back at work, but it was tiring.
Software Projects Status
- Workstation installations - we're still working on West. Access Support is slated for tomorrow. We'll need a programmer to come with us. We should be out of West by Wednesday. We've had to work on some stragglers returning from ALA as well as some high-maintenance users. East is scheduled for Thursday and Friday.
- Firefox update - the most recent update is on the latest image, but it has not been used yet. Should we downgrade? No, patch or install the new version.
- ALEPH v.19 production client released - starting tomorrow, we will go around and install.
- West - requests for new OPAC - we have 20 machines that are scheduled for replacement - are we making a new OPAC image? Are they always on and locked down? Need to talk to Public Services folks to nail down the policy. Check with Shelley Arlen, and if you can't get in touch with her, try John Ingram.
- Ann Lindell is reporting the "sleepy monitor" policy is not working on the new machines in AFA. There is an issue with the policy assignment OU. Logan is working on the ticket (Amy is out on vacation).
- Backups - Cynthia was reconstructing jobs last week. There is an issue with the total number of tapes - we need to ensure generational stuff is backed up. Need to retain the tapes from the corruption issue we had in May. We want to convert dailies from backup tape to disk. Tivoli would be a good solution. NT2R is back up.
- SAN was upgraded over the weekend. MSL & East - need to upgrade VMware from 3.5 to 4.0 before divvying out DLC space. Plan on doing that this weekend.
- Local DHCP - next week.
- Win7 - MS is waffling on the release date to manufacturers. Might be in August. Release clients will have to be wiped and then reinstalled.
- Macro mods - on hold due to staff outage. Doug Smith reports one problem, but it is not holding up production.
- Grover expansion - on track. It will be installed on the new 2K8 server.
- DLC - Tom is working on the automation of the Internet Archive material.
- Mark is in Haiti this week - DLOC training.
- Accounting tool - ran fiscal year closeout for Fiscal Services just fine.
- FCLA has released v.19 Production and Report clients. Jason will be coordinating with Evan to install. Three schools have already upgraded with no problems. Jason to check with FSU.
IT Security Management
- Tom & Matthew attended NEFLIN - discussed Drupal - different content types. Morning session was good; afternoon, not so much. Almost all attendees were from Alachua county - either UF or the public library. A few were from Orlando. The public library is running Drupal. Tom wants to set up a Drupal user group for the Library.
- Barbara Hood wants a Web site about printing. This probably has to do with the new copiers soon to be installed in the Libraries.
- Meeting held.