Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
July 13, 2009
July 13, 2009
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Bill Covey, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Jason Fleming, Winston Harris, Paul McDonough, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Mark Sullivan, Evan Wack, Stephen Williams
Guest: Rachel SchipperAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 07/06/09
- Carlton went back to work today!
Ongoing IT Updates
- ILS #1 - August 2, not 16.
- Software #3 - Grace said 'they' had no access. Stephen added Billing Manager for 'Grace and Jen'.
Software Projects Status
- Workstation installation ongoing. West and East are left. Icon problem on 620's fixed.
- ILL - Ryan asked about loading ARES to the staff image. He said people would need admin rights to the ARES folder. If we add modify rights on ARES for lib-g-Real Users, we could push the initial install and do updates remotely. We are replacing almost all of the ILL machines.
- Will need assistance in redirecting the remote paths for Contribute/Dreamweaver and ALEPH label printing software on the new machines.
- Server switch to UFAD on Friday evening was successful. Only residual problems remain. No server issues. The Web page was down for approximately 30 minutes. Printers need to be remapped.
- Macros - Michael Jay was out a bit last week - no word on the status.
- Grover - on schedule.
- DLC software development - working on importer and builder. Individual reports delivered - no feedback.
- Data warehouse key change - patron updates ran this weekend with no problem.
- ALEPH v.19 upgrade scheduled for August 1 & 2.
- The client will be installed by the Hardware Unit the week prior to release.
- Jason had the path to the label printer added.
- We're in the midst of a usability study for UFDC - redesigning the homepage and navigation. The panel is composed of faculty, grads & undergrads. It is set up over in West. We recruited folks here and there. Bruce Floyd - IRB protocol does not require recording for Web testing. You're not testing people; rather, the site. Bill wants that in writing.
- We're working on a new Web site for Fiscal Services.
- Documents requested a new Web site. Tom told them to put a ticket in Grover to that effect.
- Tom will be leaving on sabbatical in a month.
- Jason is rolling out a new version of LibX - he fixed the bugs - and xISBN searching.
- New Library Tools links have been listed on the Library Web page.
- Assignment calendar - Logan to get it on the server this week.
- Jason will be meeting with HSCL regarding the proxy server. They control Easy Proxy. We'd like it to be set up as an intermediary server. That way, it could check the person's IP range and if it's valid they would get in, otherwise be directed to a log-on screen. Might require programming on our part. If changes were done on the server side (FCLA) it would be easier. We try to encourage VPN use, but the majority of folks use the proxy server.
IT Security Management
- Problems from last week are fixed.
- Server move - just have to fix a couple of things and it will all be good to go.
- Additional SAN rack - on schedule for this weekend.
- Meeting held.