Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
June 29, 2009
June 29, 2009
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Bill Covey, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Jason Fleming, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Mark Sullivan, Evan Wack, Stephen Williams
Guests: Judy Russell, Rachel SchipperAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 6/22/09
- Stephen has a new kitchen.
- Amy got an $.87 T-Shirt in Vero Beach.
Ongoing IT Updates
- Web #1 - Michele, not Michelle.
- Orders - on hold until the start of the new fiscal year.
Software Projects Status
- EPO server - public script - working on all machines. West - computers are talking to the EPO. After the new image is loaded, communication will be both ways.
- Dell workstation shipment - everything is here. AFA & Music - public and staff machines have been set up. We are installing the ones for MSL today.
- Server migration to UFAD is still set for July 10.
- Local DHCP - on hold pending server move.
- Link Checker - Daniel from FCLA is working on an ALEPH solution in report. The commercial product broke, so we turned to an internal product. It works, but the question is whether it is a good solution. We are figuring it out. We could also use some freeware solutions that Michael is investigating.
- ILL Bridge - demo done. We'll be picking up HSCL in July.
- Grover - the functionality for associating hardware has been added. It went live this morning.
- UF Datawarehouse key - we're ready to go after final June patron load, but that has now been delayed until July 11. Chris has done all of the preliminary legwork. After the final run we can make changes.
- DLC - stats & reporting - Tom Bielicke is working on it.
- Grover expansion - on schedule.
- Stephen will in ILLIAD master training all week.
- ALEPH v.19 was going to be released on June 26, but that date has been delayed until August 2. Trying to get confirmation.
- Jean Phillips said the new client can be installed a week ahead of time.
- Jason is working on getting the print daemon settings in place for the upgrade.
- What about ILLIAD? No conflict with ALEPH v.19 is expected.
- Sparky award - done. Need to know the prize.
- Computers for the usability lab have been received and are set up in Tom and Matthew's office. They need to be imaged. Evan will get it done.
- Assignment calendars for Library West - Matthew is working on it. Just need to add the branding. We will need to track the usage.
- Google Analytics - they are changing the code. Industry buzz is that they are going to turn off the old script. This means we have to change the code on every page. We've have just started doing it.
Students and Department
- Cleared server space on Monday & Tuesday. We are back to building again.
- Logan is going to spend time this week on DLC space.
- Migration next week.
IT Security Management
- Students are back from break this week.
- Sylvia's student status may have changed. Debra is waiting to hear from her.
- Meeting held.