Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
June 22, 2009
June 22, 2009
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Bill Covey, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Howell, Michael Jay, Paul McDonough, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Mark Sullivan, Evan WackAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- Logan and Missy are engaged!
- Lots of orders are out.
- All of the Canon copier solution should be ordered today. We are purchasing all of the equipment and running it here. We'll also manage the revenue. We will not be the support for the equipment, other than to change the toner and paper (PS staff). Needs to be in place by the end of July. We will have to set up a server for them. We will do it as VM. Trying to get Borland and HSCL on it may prove difficult. Will do color printing as well. This solution should be less burdensome and we should at least break even financially.
Software Projects Status
- EPO server - public machines have not been updated for months. Logan has a script and will test it today. If it works, we'll roll it out this week.
- Server migration to UFAD - weekend of July 10.
- Local DHCP - on hold for server move.
- Laptop encryption - new, replacement loaner laptops will be imaged prior to checkout. That way, if the last person to reserve it needs to retrieve info, they'll be able to do so. 24 hours for reservation will be required.
- The Hardware Unit will start distributing new PCs today. Software will need to be installed. The plan is to start with smaller locations.
- Link Checker - Jason ran a test, but it runs too slowly. We gave up on the commercial solution, Info Works.
- ILL Bridge - live July 1.
- Grover - working on associating the HWID. Will demo for Bill tomorrow - if approved, will implement by the end of the week. After that, will start on the Webmaster Grover module.
- UF Datawarehouse key - delayed the change until July 10. We could skip the patron load for a week.
- Gator Scholar - nothing new, they are consumed with grant details.
- ARL Stats - delayed due to increase in macro changes. Michael is working on the macros. Also testing macros for ALEPH v.19 upgrade.
- Auto report for Laurie Taylor for items not in UFDC - finished. Working on second subset of reports.
- Michele is pushing for a general content management system.
- Sparky Video Contest - Matthew is adding more branding to it.
- Drupal - Tom asks Logan if he has a back-up on Drupal administration - Tom was trying to update PHP and was unable to run it as an admin. Drupal is installed on the Web server test box. Tom needs full access. He should put a ticket in Grover to that effect.
Students and Department
- Logan and Mark are both just returning. Need to get together to discuss the fact that the Linux box disk array is full. DLC is unable to load on Greenstone. JPEG2K is filling up as well.
IT Security Management
- This week is break week - no students on the phones.
- Meeting held.