Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
June 15, 2009
June 15, 2009
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Bill Covey, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Jason Fleming, Winston Harris, Michael Howell, Michael Jay, Paul McDonough, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Evan Wack, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 6/5/09
- IT Dept meetings have been officially changed to Mondays at 10:30 AM.
- Evan's wife is expecting a baby.
Ongoing IT Updates
- Web #6 - Kindle, not Kendall.
Laptop encryption - waiting for the order of new laptops. Software Projects Status
- EPO server - it has stopped sending out notices. It is in good health and pushing. There are still issues with the DAT file. Evan is going to call tier two support. We need to get the public machines on EPO.
- Dell shipment - 546 pieces received. Long, involved story on the shipment. We plan on starting to image them after this meeting. Need to finish adding drivers.
- Local DHCP - working out security issues. Hope to be ready to go after the server migration - online by the first of August.
- Link Checker - Michael hasn't had a chance to speak to Jason since he returned from vacation. Per Bill, we need to follow through. Michael is now able to log problems in the FCLA ticketing system.
- OCR Toolkit - please remove from the list.
- ILL Bridge - coding. Meeting scheduled this week.
- ARL Stats - close to finishing the data entry.
- Server Migration to UFAD - trying to schedule an exact date for mid-July. Probably over a weekend. Will give a general announcement to the public. We may have to replace all of the old machines with the new ones faster. SQL, Contribute, and printer mapping will all be issues with the server move to AD. We need to add print drivers to the staff image. There are lots of details to work out.
- Grover - working on mods for associating hardware pieces. The Web version of Grover was approved by the Directors.
- UF Data Warehouse key changes - ready, pending final June patron load. Linda West from the Registrar's Office can provide access for audit students.
- DLC - this week we had a request to pull all of the Baldwin material for a professor. It took two days to pull the data.
- FCLA presentation here on Wednesday. Will provide updates on all of the different ILS out there.
- Will also discuss the upgrade to v.19. West Florida will be the first to go with it on July 13.
Students and Department
- Drupal project - need to have a test site running it. The Dean and Michelle would like to see a demo. A Drupal homepage should be set up for the demo.
- Tom goes on sabbatical August 14.
- Tom submitted a ticket on the customizable homepage project for Stephen. We may not have the resources for it.
- Sparky video contest - Matthew Daley is working on a website for it. It touts the value of open access.
- Tom reports lots of problems with Contribute. We're hoping the server move to AD will solve those issues.
IT Security Management
- The students have been trained in cleaning tapes. Tape maintenance is back on schedule.
- Meeting held.