Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
May 15, 2009
May 15, 2009
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Bill Covey, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Jason Fleming, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Evan Wack, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 5/8/09
- Regulation changes - Machen - USPS retention points and bumping rights all removed. Seniority has no play. Declaration has been proposed by UF. Don't expect union action - except maybe by faculty. There is no longer any advantage to remaining USPS. Stimulus money can't be used for recurring funds.
Ongoing IT Updates
- Jason Fleming was not in attendance at the last meeting.
- NewEgg order for external hard drives had to be reordered - Will's submission was rejected.
- We received the three scanners for DLC.
- Local DHCP - server set up and configuration done for East and Music. We'll test and then roll out to the other branches. We'll look hard at what IPs need to remain static.
- SCCM - the server is there, installed and pushing clients to East and MSL - setting boundaries by subnets. The next major update should be pushed through SCCM.
- EPO - Logan is still testing Steady State. The initial script did not work on test boxes. It's close, though. Once it's working it should allow us to unlock, push and then relock. Steady State is really designed for smaller environments.
- Laptop encryption - hope to replace the old laptops.
Software Projects Status
- Halfway through identifying dual monitors.
- Cleaning machines is ongoing.
- Staff updates - .Net framework failure.
- Identifying machines that have not been migrated off of Smatherslib: the enunciator in MSL, print server, laptops, etc.
- Link Checker - Jason to test ALEPH.
- OCR Toolkit - set up. Tom is ready to schedule and test with print server. Could be ready by early next week.
- ILL Bridge - software demo to Grace.
- ARL Stats, Link Checker - Michael Jay.
- Grover - working on speed issues. Faster version to be released next week.
- No approval for Grover expansion.
- Gator Scholar - UFID input finished. Created routine to pull from data warehouses and put into structure. Interface update - VIVO is okay, working on VITRO.
- Matthew has moved to 419 East. Need to move his phone.
- Tom will be on vacation until June 2.
Students and Department
- Nothing new - Mark has been out on vacation.
- Disk array - to be configured Monday. Virtual Greenstone server to be set up. He wants to test JPEG2K.
IT Security Management
- Two new hires: Brittany and Sylvia.
- Looking to hire one more student for the 11AM-2PM time slot.
- Meeting held.