Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
May 8, 2009
May 8, 2009
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Bill Covey, Matthew Daley, Michael Jay, Paul McDonough, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Mark Sullivan, Evan Wack, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- Michael Jay - dental issues.
- Star Trek discussion.
- Spending stimulus money - trickle down to UF and Library as onetime spending money. Not to be used for salaries, only for items that can be purchased and used for the near-term, like video conferencing equipment.
- Power supply ordered for GX620 was the wrong part number - what we ordered was actually a power supply for a GX260.
Hardware Support Unit
- Laptop encryption on hold. Waiting on decision about laptop replacements.
- DHCP in work. Actively testing.
- SCCM - Amy working with UFAD to create a SPM account. Also working on a time-out issue.
- EPO server - Logan is creating a script to allow EPO updates to work on public workstations with Steady State.
Software Projects Status
- AFA hardware move scheduled.
- MSL hardware move completed.
- Creating a universal image for all workstations.
- Computer and cable cleanup scheduled.
- Link Checker - in work - Michael Jay.
- HR's Degree Info - collection of degree information and languages is in work by Stephen. Degree info is complete. Languages are in testing.
- OCR Toolkit - New requirements - problem with reliability.
- ILL Billing Manager - ready to test.
- ARL Stats - moving slowly.
- Grover mods/expansion - speed issues, new modules (Facilities, Public Services).
- Gator Scholar - ready to harvest UFID data. Shibboleth working is test environment.
- Affiliation Modification proposal is complete.
IT Security Management
- Web Policy group has been reinstated.
- Developing new Web standards, separate style sheets, etc.
- Meeting held.