Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
May 1, 2009
May 1, 2009
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Jason Fleming, Michael Jay, Paul McDonough, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Patricia Ruwell, Mark Sullivan, Evan Wack, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- Educomm - registration by the end of next week, if you want to go. Check with Professional Development fund for money. Logan is planning to go - he has signed up. It is a well-established conference.
- Orders - one printer received, another is on order.
- ALEPH v. 19 - 20-30 people will need the test client installed. If tickets come in for this task, assign them to Evan and he can divvy them out.
- Re-indexing - ALEPH 18 to 19 - leave v.18 in place when installing the new test client.
Hardware Support Unit
- Encryption - looking into regulatory issues. Will likes the True Crypt encryption product. Will is going to test, but the long-range plan is to wipe the laptops after each use and keep them online for updates.
- DHCP - Logan is working on it. CNS made changes.
- SSCM - permission level issue - AD or problem with the service.
- EPO - passed on to Amy & Logan - it's a group policy issue. Will is testing it today.
Software Projects Status
- Summer project: cleaning out machines.
- Image is functioning perfectly on six different models. A seventh model may be coming in the future, if we purchase new machines before the end of the fiscal year.
- AFA and MSL are undergoing remodeling this summer.
- UFIRT Alert is now live on Grover.
- Grover multi-session fix and expansion for Facilities and Public Services (public requests) - analyzing.
- Winston is negotiating with Warren Curry to access the routine that denotes who assigns affiliations.
- Gator Scholar - Val wants to discuss searching - meeting to be scheduled soon.
- Degree info is out - had a new request for language and other skills (IT proficiency).
- HR project - nothing.
- OCR Toolkit - testing on server box - new requirements.
- ARL Stats - not much done, but working to optimize code.
- ILL Billing - initial demo done.
- Rush request for macro at ALF Storage.
- Preservation - macro for Christy Shorey.
- Toronto - they like the program.
- Jessica York - Check Link program - problem may be in the Marc record.
- Library West template is finished. Should be up by the beginning of Summer A.
- Tom has been working on the prototype for the IPhone version of the Library Web page (information). There's a small problem with the framework. There is no generic interface for mobile devices available. Discussion of mobile phone/Web displays.
Students and Department
- More zoomable space on DLC server.
- UFDC - went through packets - corrected errors. It will run every Sunday.
- Mark was in Orlando - DLOC installed on their server. It is working well.
IT Security Management
- Looking to hire new students for the summer semester.
- Meeting held.