Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
January 30, 2009
January 30, 2009
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Jason Fleming, Winston Harris, Michael Howell, Michael Jay, Paul McDonough, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Mark Sullivan, Evan Wack, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- Matthew and Jason's children are celebrating birthdays this weekend.
- Judy has cancelled attending next week's IT staff meeting (Feb.6) and rescheduled it for Feb. 13.
- Library Council review - the entire meeting was spent discussing the 10% cutback. Details dispensed.
- AD migration - problems shared and discussed. Jason will post a list of solutions online. Right now the list looks like this: Illiad/Ariel/ALEPH problems, drive mapping, folder permissions, printing, email issues, Japanese language problems, Grover sign-on, student permissions, firewalls for DLC and file servers.
- Machines with viruses - finding more of them during this migration process. All viruses exploit auto run. Deep Freeze issues - we will install Steady State on all branch computers after the migration turmoil eases.
Software Projects Status
- Orders should be forthcoming for drives for Greenstone.
- DLC is asking for more ports.
- We had an array failure on Greenstone Development on Monday. The arrays were rebuilt.
- Tivoli was installed on Greenstone Production.
- Bill got the affiliation modification proposal moving. IT may be implemented as we originally proposed.
- There have been a couple of new versions of UFDC released to accommodate the UFAD migration.
IT Security Management
- February 16th - new Library home page to debut.
- Contribute and Dreamweaver: issues with permissions and mapping drives due to UFAD migration.
- Meeting held.