Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
December 19, 2008
December 19, 2008
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Jason Fleming, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Paul McDonough, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Mark Sullivan, Evan Wack, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- Library Council highlights - new Associate Dean of Technology has been hired: Rachel Schipper. Should be here by the end of March.
Health Science Center Library is being integrated into Smathers Library. There will be meetings to discuss integration. Hope to implement by July 1st.
Development report - Sam - has been receiving small gifts. There could be a potential $500,000 gift. There was a $5000 endowment from Billy Donovan.
State budget shortfall - cuts and adjustments are to be made next year. The Dean will request that our budget be protected again, but that seems unlikely.
January - Faculty Senate meeting scheduled.
HR - Student fellowship was awarded.
Service feedback from customers to be added to evaluations.
Renovations to West, AFA and MSL will be ongoing during break.
Xerox - replacement contract possible. Looks like it will be a GatorLink-DiTech-Canon combo. It won't be in place until the end of March.
Student raises - will be set to the standard minimum wage increase.
- Logan needs hard drives and UPS batteries.
- The Exchange server is back running as good as it's going to get. Will may try to restore it one more time.
- UFAD Exchange migration for staff - probably around January 19th. We will present info sessions prior to migration. We'll have to finish debugging the problems encountered when the IT Dept migrated. Discussion ensued concerning how and when to move staff to Exchange and workstation UFAD.
Workstation Support Unit
- SAN migration - all done, except Access Services and the project folders. West and Admin are done. Access Services should be done on Monday.
- NTSF permissions - need to change in both AD & Smatherslib.
- Service Pack 3 fix - next week.
- IE7 updates - not good. Total 874 active. 219 are not reporting back. 61 still need the IE7 patch. Lots did not install on the public machines.
- We will be doing inventory during the staff migration to AD.
- AFA - we will be moving their public machines today as they get ready for renovations.
Software Projects Status
- Jason has expired student ALEPH accounts for the fall semester and is currently renewing them for spring.
- GatorScholar - 3rd level domain request denied because of the use of the word, "gator".
- ARL Stats ongoing.
- DLC Tracking - Marc importer.
- Greenstone - trying to update it. The two boxes need to mirror each other exactly. Logan is setting up SAMBA. The arrays have been rebuilt and now have failover. The development server will be done after the break.
- UFDC load to Endeca after the break.
- UFAD - software sign-ons - we're working on issues.
- SAMBA needs to be reconfigured for AD.
Students and Department
- Emerging Technologies group met yesterday. The Dean wants the new Web page up now. Some second level pages will need to redone. The changes will probably go into effect during the spring semester.
- UF Web Committee - presentation from the Medical School - they use WordPress templates for their whole website - for their content management system - Drupal.
IT Security Management
- All three students will be returning in the spring. Schedules are unknown as of now. Should be firmed up after drop/add.
- Meeting held.