Skip to Search
|Library Catalog | Databases | Site Map | Search|
|Information Technology Who We Are Meeting Mins Equip Checkout Report Probs FAQs Phone Ext|
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Jason Fleming, Winston Harris, Michael Howell, Michael Jay, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Evan Wack, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 9/19/08
- Jason notes that version 19 of ALEPH is being discussed.
- Library Council - Judy did a report on the budget.
There's a luncheon for anyone who has donated to the Libraries on November 18.
Brian Keith gave an HR report - interviews for the AD Dean will be on Nov. 18 & 19. Carrie Newsome is leaving the Libraries and moving to France. 2% raises for in-unit employees went into effect Sept. 19.
IT report was presented by Bill Covey. Campus is looking to move everyone to Gmail - even students. He announced that staff will be moved to AD by the end of the semester. He mentioned that we are testing the Tivoli backup and that we are also looking at Amazon as a backup option.
- Support Services notes - MSL doors not opening during a fire alarm. It has been repaired, but not yet tested.
AFA fire - it was an explosion. We will need to replace a motherboard on one of the computers due to the outage.
Continuing Education students need to be included in the Patron Load. Winston says they already are included.
Grover - Bill was inquiring about the ability of Grover to email non-Library folks.
Ongoing IT Updates
- Review 9/12/08 correction: West machine room.
- Review 9/12/08 - the spare batteries do not work in Evan and Logan's laptops. We will keep them on the shelves. The batteries have not been sent back yet.
- Will notes that MSL now has 60 batteries they want to return because a part on them keeps breaking. Evan has been working with Tech Support to fix the batteries.
Workstation Support Unit
- Tivoli backing is now in the testing phase. We need to work out criteria for the final cost. Now there is also the possibility of using Amazon as a backup. Amazon will be cheaper. We will press on with Tivoli and let the Directors decide.
- SAN - Lori email Logan - she and Angela want to send him a list detailing how West and Access Support should be split. Administration will be saved for last. Michael Jay notes that people are still saving to NT2R. So, what is still left to move to the SAN is: Projects, West and Admin. Cynthia, make sure you are still backing up NT2R.
- CJK - Logan is waiting for David Hickey to get back to him.
- AD meeting next Tuesday. Winston has a template ready.
- Public Service folder on WebDirs - Tom needs access.
- WSUS - Logan gave Evan access. He installed it and it works fine, but he is unable to remote in. He needs a computer to act as a console.
- We're all set and scheduled for the public workstation updates next week. We'll adjust the icons, screensaver, etc. We will also reset staff Admin passwords at that time. Issue with the accuracy of the Admin password list discussed. Amy will keep it up-to-date.
Software Projects Status
- DLC - Jason has to reinstall the ALEPH client on two machines in DLC.
- VIVO is now known as Gator Scholar. It has received permission for funding. We will be setting up a server. Mike Conlon is very interested in this project. We may hire a programmer for this project for a year.
- Grover mods - yesterday. Canceling orders feature added. Also, support for Bill Hanssen to access PIDs. He uses the same interface he used before, only it points to Grover.
- Computer Availability Tool - finished and is live. Machines on it need to be kept current.
- ARL Stats - very close to programming. Michael Jay has some minor changes to document.
- Tracking - no changes.
- UFDC - no changes.
- Bryant - ongoing.
IT Security Management
- Bioactive survey is live.
- Jason created a search box for the catalog to show what books were given to us by a donor.
- Wiki testing - need to do more. Need to test the Drupal version. It has a blogging system within it.
- AGRSSR blog is not on our server.
- Meeting held.