Systems Staff Meeting Notes
June 20, 2008
June 20, 2008
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 6/13/08
- Please review the minutes from the most recent Support Services Division meeting online at: http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/libsys/mmm/SSminIndex.html.
- Cynthia is having a yard sale next Saturday, June 28.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Ann # 2 - removed address.
- Liaisons #2 - removed sentence regarding Grover.
- No orders moving until after fiscal year end.
- Disaster Prep in progress.
- SX280 replacement scheduled for next week. We're waiting to hear from the techs. Need to install flat panel monitors in the repair tech office for testing.
- MSL laptop exchange - they are waiting in Facilities/Mailroom to go back.
- CJK machine - it's basically done - hope it return it next week.
- Office 2K7 training for all staff to be considered. Amy's training programs may change to incorporate a broader audience.
- Systems training - will probably add new functions of staff who are coming into Systems (Scott Fagen, for example).
Software Projects Status
- McAfee - SQL servers are still working this week. It is not updating the servers. Bobbie will get with Logan to figure out why it is getting framework errors.
- Greenstone - needs to be reconfigured before we back it up.
- Campus AD meeting is scheduled for this afternoon. We will then get a plan together and start the move to AD with the public machines.
- Grover testing continues. We need to get the demo added to the agenda for the cross-divisional meeting on July 10. We will release it to Systems for testing prior to general rollout.
- Tracking database - reviewed Tom's importer document - needs improvement before release.
- Greenstone - production box is up and running. Loader and pre-loader are up and running. Mark is working on closing outstanding issues before moving to Fedora.
- Circ Analysis - Winston received 'the big file' from FCLA. It is under review then it will be uploaded to OCLC.
- Bryant - Chris is analyzing the requirements.
Systems Security Management
- Tom has been asked to come up with another prototype homepage, based on focus group input.
- Meeting held.