Systems Staff Meeting Notes
May 23, 2008
May 23, 2008
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Mark Sullivan, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Stephen's venture into holy matrimony is set for July 12th.
- Library Council - met this week. Minutes are available online: http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/committees/libcouncil/agenda_min_08.html
We discussed the following pertinent topics from the meeting: complimentary travel, MSLS support for those currently enrolled, export controls, extended hours, and MSL construction.
- Cynthia reports yet another SX280 with a bad motherboard.
- QuickErase on backup tapes discussed.
- GovConnection - new invoices received for the 30 laptops and peripherals that we are exchanging. They are referencing the old PO from the original order. When Will spoke with GovConn, they said they would replace it all for the same amount or less. We should not be getting billed.
- NT2R should be back up. It had a problem today - cluster server name went offline. It was trying to boot to 2 - Will cleaned it up today.
- SX280 issue - Dell management is in the process of deciding on the approval of the plan for technicians and parts - it is almost approved.
- Logan to send Public Services an email notifying them that we are waiting for them to bring the CJK machine over here in order to do the install.
- Liaison training is going well. We're about halfway through.
- Systems training - on hold this week. Will is out next week. Will resume Thursday, June 5. Please advise the programmers if you are unable to attend. We can reschedule.
- New blog created for the Liaisons: http://blogs.uflib.ufl.edu/liaisons/
Software Projects Status
- Disaster prep will be high priority.
- Logan to recreate the DLC server today around 6PM. Should be up by Tuesday.
- Greenstone backups - doubled in size. Per Mark, we should be backing up the location of the new files only - GS Collect, not GS Collect 2.
- Campus Exchange AD - they are ready for us to join. We are thinking we'll do the public machines first. Public Services doesn't want to create the 14 digit GatorLink. We may end up having to do the staff first. It will be more complex. Startup script - has to be done on OU level, needs access to Domain Controller. We should start being prepared to join Campus AD. Need to know how to handle local groups. Need to consult with Campus AD leaders.
- Wikis - off the table until disaster recovery. The test wiki was on the SAN when it was lost. It is OK. Logan needs to redo it. It needs to run on 2K3 PHP for AD authentication. Only the wiki server would run it. BBS phase out? May suggest moving Minutes to blog format.
- Grover - working on test document. Next presentation in two weeks: June 5.
- Chris is working on a new version of WebPaula: http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/WebPaula/
It has some quirks. It will not work on IE. It is currently live.
- Greenstone optimizer - it is pretty well done.
- Circ Analysis - waiting on FCLA. The file is so large, Winston can't pull it himself. FCLA says it will be done in a couple of weeks.
- Bryant Collection - archive training.
Systems Security Management
- The Web master is on vacation.
- Meeting held.