Systems Staff Meeting Notes
May 9, 2008
May 9, 2008
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Amy Polk, Mark Sullivan, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 05/02/08
- "Ironman" is a good movie according to Stephen.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Liaisons #1 - remove the last 2 sentences.
- Orders are flowing again.
- IBM order for RAM and disk upgrade - no response since the beginning of the week - Debra will try to contact them again.
- Self Checkout machine in West - presentation yesterday. Staff to train on it next week. It will need an IP. The machine belongs to FCLA. May buy three if all goes well. Other schools are committed.
- Systems Grover training went well last week. We will skip next week, as Chris is out until Wednesday. Amy will be in room 419 for two weeks, so we'll have to find a different locale. Perhaps a West classroom?
- How about slip-streaming training? Not yet.
Software Projects Status
- No news on the SX280's: motherboards to be replaced.
- Monitor replacements in process. 168 received. We have 40-45 other monitors here that may have the same problem. Dell is considering replacing them, too.
- CJK - machine has not yet been brought to Logan.
DLC Greenstone Issues
- Bryant/EAD Parsing -move to Upcoming. Electronic Archival Descriptor - describes data in XML - finding an aide for the collection - going to relational-ise them.
- Wiki - no need to build a new server. We have this one ready - need to make it live. Need to order a security certificate for it. Integration with AD displays the actual name vs. the username. We want it to display the name.
- Grover training - discovered some problem with Networking. Working on it.
- Tracking DB: working on Importer test document.
- Greenstone - Mark released a new version. It works fast. Watching the memory, some errors.
- Stephen released the new version of Grant Tracking.
- Affiliation modification proposition - Winston is testing API mods, creating a workflow. Will need a security certificate for GatorLink creation/password resetting. Nothing has been approved - just proposed.
Students and Department
- Mark requested money to install internal hard drive on the production box from Erich. Need to re-word the proposal.
- Copibook Scanners - trying to solve the problems. They're currently saving to a central PC Western Digital drive and then dragging everything to a folder at night. Logan reviewed the switch logs - no info. Today he is going to plug one scanner into the wall plate to get a true reading of the bandwidth usage.
Systems Security Management
- Rob will stay as a student OPS for the summer. Work study applicants have not panned out. Should be more work study eligible candidates in the fall.
- If you hear the phones ringing, please answer.
- Meeting held.