Systems Staff Meeting Notes
April 25, 2008
April 25, 2008
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Mark Sullivan, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 04/18/08
- MarioKart comes out on Sunday. Stephen is fully jazzed.
- Tom had good luck with the soda machine in the staff lounge - he put in his money and got 4 sodas and $1 in change!
- Library Council recap - Rich Bennett has been appointed the Special Collections Chair. Tara Cataldo has been appointed the MSL Chair. Vernon Kisling has been appointed the Assistant MSL Chair. These are 2-year, time-limited appointments. The Electronic Resource Librarian hire will take on Rich's current job duties. These positions will go into effect on July 1.
Searches: Employee Development Officer, Associate Dean of Technology, two positions at MSL will be posted, only one will be hired.
Library West reorg - they are working on it.
There is a waiting list for Travel.
Security changes forthcoming for PDAs downloading email. Will require a 4-digit PIN and the time-out function will be enabled.
Borrowing privileges extended.
Extended Hours - going well. Housekeeping has been exceptional.
We are raising the fines for overdue books for the first time in years.
Xerox - contract ends in June. We're working to replace them.
Departmental parking passes now cost $50. Means we'll be getting fewer of them.
Library West - cork floors to be replaced. West will be closed, staff will still work. Runners will retrieve books.
Library Awards - reviewed the categories for nomination. Once they are submitted they will be reviewed, a winner picked and a monetary reward issued.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Amy's grandfather turned 87 on his birthday, not 88.
- Holding off on orders to see what the budget looks like.
- Grover training went well.
Software Projects Status
- McAfee updates - There are some issues - Documents.
- Self-service machine in West - will be moving over during the intercession.
- Logan made some Domain Controller changes on Monday - should clear some things up.
- Meeting for wikis on Monday. We've had a lot of requests for server configuration.
- Grover - working on changes mentioned in the meeting. We're through with Tickets, now on to HW/SW and IRDB. Nets after that.
- Tracking - testing importer.
- UFDC/Greenstone - cleaning up HTML. May have fixed the UFDC memory problems.
- Circ Analysis - Donna Alsbury (FCLA) agreed to take it on.
- Incident Report Form - take it off the list. It has been given to them for testing.
- Chris is working on a Candidate Assessment Form for HR. It is an automated form for feedback on job candidates. Chris will give it to them today.
- Conference call - Non-affiliates Meeting - this afternoon. Debra has been enlisted as scribe.
- Weird problem with NT2R - MSL & Acquisitions & Licensing have reported problems where they have lost all permissions to folders. They have been asked to clean up things - this may have inadvertently caused problems with permissions.
- Patron update - ran fine last week.
- Cynthia McLean had a Contribute problem - Logan fixed it - had to type in the exact path.
Systems Security Management
- Rumblings about the Library Web pages not being uniform. Tom has been asked for some new homepage designs.
- MSL has a homepage portal.
- How about a Web team to do all of the pages? We can't use UF templates - no server side includes.
- Meeting held.