Skip to Search

 
diagonal spacer

Systems Staff Meeting Notes
April 4, 2008

Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Bobbie Meng, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Mark Sullivan, Stephen Williams
Announcements
  1. Stephen has been procrastinating on his pipeline processor deadline for school.
Review Minutes of 03/28/08
  1. RIR #1 - MSL laptops - Will emailed GovConnection and they said they are trying to expedite the order. They are waiting on Lenovo.
Ongoing Systems Updates
Equipment Received/Installed/Repaired
  1. A self-checkout machine will be installed in Library West during the intercession. It will be a Windows machine with a scan-touch interface.
Liaisons
  1. Systems Training - Group A postponed this week. Will do it next week.
  2. Grover demo April 24.
Networking
  1. Public folders issue - started with the Watercooler list. The email tab for properties folders did not exist. Turns out, backups weren't picking up the data, just the folders. It should show at two places, but is only showing at one. This probably happened when we migrated to AD from 5.5 - the public folders weren't set up correctly. Proxy email is not set for recipient update services. Will to call Dell and or Microsoft if he can't figure it out today.
  2. McAfee - Bobbie has been pushing it, but reports that the public is not updating like it should. Need to check the Event Log. Amy notes DeepFreeze is installed.
  3. SAN Disk Extender - department folders - to be set up starting next week. 10G max per folder - will get warning. Will deal with excess on a case-by-case basis.
  4. CJK multi-boot - Logan will try to get to it on Monday. Once one is set up, we need to make an image to enable more.
  5. Campus AD migration - met with the PeopleSoft folks. They said that something is in the works for non-affiliated folks to be able to create GatorLink accounts. This still doesn't solve the print issue. We need more info - Winston is pursuing it.
  6. VM backup - when NT2R is cleared up.
  7. Amy is going to come in tomorrow to push the registry edit through Deep Freeze.
  8. Email from Bill/CNS regarding Building Services' custodial machine - was not a Systems issue.
Software Projects Status
  1. Grover is ongoing - finished Orders and are halfway through Networking. We'll do some general testing, then demo.
  2. Blogs and wikis - Logan is done with the blogs and handed it off to Laurie Taylor. She sent out an email to solicit favorite templates. Once one is chosen, we should be ready to go. We plan to make it available at the cross-divisional meeting. Jason Fleming is patiently waiting on the wiki development.
  3. Toolkit in test - Mark is checking the memory allocation.
  4. Erich is looking for more money for a new hire for Fedora - one year time limit.
  5. DLC - put in some SSL - it was a battle. Now we're just using Secure Shell for FTP and it is working.
Systems Security Management
  1. Meeting held.

 

University of Florida Home Page