Systems Staff Meeting Notes
February 15, 2008
February 15, 2008
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy PolkAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 2/8/08
- Amy was nominated for the Reorganization Committee.
- Xerox in the server room - they are no longer allowed access without a Systems escort.
- Amy got a new car - an Acadia (SUV/station wagon hybrid).
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Nets #2 - remove mention of cost.
- Nets #10 - no issue with usernames.
- Orders - MSL laptop battery solution - they shipped 9 cell rather than standard. They will replace with standard batteries.
- Liaison training - middle to end of March.
- Systems training - bumped back to Group A: next Thursday 2/21 10AM room 419 East.
Software Projects Status
- McAfee - still being a major problem - not user friendly.
- SAN - license purchase request placed for Replistor. Disk Xtender - need to test when we have space available. The license needs to be registered.
- SMS upgrade - done. Should be better than before. No need to backup SMS - no data needed - all on SQL.
- SAN-MSL-Xerox - working on consolidating.
- Public print demo on 2/6 went well.
- B&B Office (Gainesville-based print vendor) - meeting cancelled due to lack of participation. Will get data and then present options.
- Department Folders - permissions: what restrictions? May vary from department to department. Script maps it; Amy noticed it doesn't map correctly on subnets.
- Slipstreaming - Cynthia - new disk updates - will do Server 2K3.
- Education server - check disk fixed it. It was rebooting. Now waiting for transportation back to Education by Facilities.
DLC Greenstone Issues
- DHCP issue with Grover - worked out.
- Blog/Wiki - blog issues have been fixed. Wiki will be running under SSL. Blog policy edited.
Systems Security Management
- UFDC issue - memory leak. Mark Sullivan is working on it.
- Meeting held.