Systems Staff Meeting Notes
November 16, 2007
November 16, 2007
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Amy is going hunting tomorrow morning. It's going to be cold!
- Remember to put your December leave cash-out in PeopleSoft.
- Several issues this week - Backup Exec has been a royal pain since the upgrade. The initial install did not install the agents. We redid that on Wednesday. We will need to get the backups current. Will do a fresh install on a new server.
- Hard drive failure on Web 1. We replaced it with a spare. It seems okay now.
- McAfee updates - Will is working on a new E Policy server. Lots of framework errors. Will reinstalled the package from the server fixes - the problems seem to be clearing up. Users should manually update if it is not being done automatically. If it won't update manually, it should be reported to Will (via Syshelp) so he can provide the fix.
- SAN - the hardware in East is good to go. Will get Facilities to take the necessary hardware to MSL. Hopefully, we will be able to start testing it after Thanksgiving break.
- Bad UPS in the rack in MSL - will have three redundant.
- Building new machines - need to have a procedure in place so they are updated before put on the network.
- 3480 tape conversion - ongoing. 462 cloned over the weekend. Some problems can occur with the non-labeled tapes. We are taking extra precautions. We will retain the tapes until we are certain that all the information is available and accessible.
Software Projects Status
- Campus AD - CIRCA print demo in the spring - should be ready for it in the public area. Live or private demo? Discussion of guest accounts. Summer A might be a more realistic goal. Need to get together with all affected parties and devise a plan.
Systems Security Management
- Laurie Taylor - Winston helped her put up a bioactive game. It will encourage people to use the Libraries - a library teaching tool. The site is located at: http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/games/bioactive.
- Winston moved the Lutron database to Peter Miller's laptop so he could use it at training.
- Meeting held.