Systems Staff Meeting Notes
October 26, 2007
October 26, 2007
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Cynthia has two birthday parties to attend this weekend: her sister's and her dog's.
- Will's kids are having their birthday party at the O'Connell Center with the volleyball team.
- Support Services meeting notes - Nov.9 paycheck will have $1000 bonus (pre-tax).
- Today is the last day to make a benefits change.
- 1.8% minimum wage increase in January.
- Library Council approved the 2nd half of the salary increase. Should begin in the Nov. 23 paycheck.
- Strategic Planning Committee - going slowly - won't be done until February. Structure may change so that we can provide the service that campus desires.
- LibQual survey is out.
- Storage Facility proposal - to be constructed in 2010, occupied by 2012. Will be built out at ALF. DLC and Preservation are slated to move there.
- Extended hours for Library West - two weeks prior to finals: 8AM-4AM.
- New key box for Systems to be stored in the inner vault.
- Orders - DLC switch & network card - GigE for Copibook scanners - have not ordered yet, need proof that it will work.
- Educate & Celebrate session will be next Thursday in place of the regular Liaison Meeting.
Software Projects Status
- Working on master browser problem - Greenstone Production - items disappearing in the Network Neighborhood. Problem is also occurring with other browsers and subnets - branches have reported it as well as Library Administration.
- McAfee is working better - but not all machines are automatically updating.
- SAN, SMS - no update, but they are just about ready.
- Backup Exec - need to clear space on the C: drive this weekend. We had a challenge with the installation keys - finally got them after several phone calls. Page file moved - will reboot this weekend.
- Public to AD - it is going okay - Amy documented the steps, now must automate the process. Xerox printing must work. Xerox contract ends 11/30/08. CIRCA will demo their print solution in the spring and we will test it in the summer.
Students and Department
- Chris & Stephen are working on the Grover feedback.
- Tom B. is working on a new version of DLC Tracking database importer. Next phase will take it from desktop to Web-based.
- Still waiting for a response from Lori regarding the National Barcode Prefix.
- LibQual - pre-notification - survey now online.
- ITAC meeting - AD - they are very exciting that the Libraries will be joining.
- PeopleSoft Student Financial Affairs meeting - book fines, lost book charges - they are asking for ideas.
- LIB IR - popped back up again, had fallen off. May be ready for Backup Exec.
Systems Security Management
- Working on OPS budget estimate for the remaining fiscal year.
- Meeting held.