Systems Staff Meeting Notes
October 5, 2007
October 5, 2007
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 09/28/07
- Talk of old video games.
- Amy shot targets and clay pigeons.
- Bobbie is going to the Boy's Ranch over the weekend to watch her daughter and granddaughters ride horses.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Announcements #3 - sentence removed.
- Orders - several popped up just this week. DLC has $50,000 allocated for SAN storage expansion. GovConnection is working on a quote.
- MSL has an order for 30 laptops (they will be loaning them out). We are trying to find an adequate battery charger. Both Dell and GovConnection are working on a quote. Will order with two batteries each.
- Ongoing inventory-correction issues.
Software Projects Status
- McAfee - auto update is still not functioning. Server side EPO 4.0 - we have 3.6. Need to call and see if the upgrade is available.
- Public updates are working. Logan approved them all this week and no problems have been reported.
- Partition Magic - we may have an updated version to use on NT9.
- SAN status - servers are up and running, switch is configured. Still need to fix a few things.
- VMware - physical/logical - VM's connect to virtual server. It will be 6TB when partitioning is complete.
- Education laptops are done.
- DHCP is working.
- SMS - vulnerability in old versions.
- NT3 - virtual server - old Adobe is the only thing on there.
- Campus AD - need to update.
- Wireless in East is up and running - LAC 400, Special Collections 200 - public areas as well as most others.
- Logan worked on the spam filter - it is working about 70% better.
- Grover is moving along. Have gotten through a huge portion of the ticket tab. We will soon be working on the ticket submission wizard.
- Blogs are up and running. Tom to work on comment files and template. Importing is pretty easy. Looking into moderation of blogs. Wikis are in testing. There is more interest in blog than wikis. Several committees have wikis and they want everyone to be able to contribute. They may really just want collaboration software. Will talk to Laurie Taylor about how she is using wikis on her site.
- DLC Tracking - v. 3.93 in production. Mark is testing the unified importer.
Systems Security Management
- Tom is working on a template for the fundraising project. Barbara likes the one at MIT.
- Logan & Laurie Taylor are working on a video of the West dedication ceremony.
- Meeting held.