Systems Staff Meeting Notes
August 20, 2007
August 20, 2007
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Mark Sullivan, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 8/13/07
- Will handed out Emergency Financial First Aid Kit pamphlets.
- Amy will be a grandma again (her 21 year-old stepdaughter is expecting).
- Tom Minton rode his new motorcycle to work today.
- Hurricane Preparedness - power down computers. Unplug them from the back of the computer. If there are known leaks in the area, protect objects with visqueen. No one can use the Libraries as a storm shelter.
- September Town Meeting - guest speaker to deal with the topic of an active shooter scenario.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Note Tom Minton in Announcements #1 & 3.
- Inventory - we are having a lot of trouble getting correct information. Will spoke to John Ingram at the Support Services meeting and he said the Directors can help get the word out if necessary.
- Liaison training is next week.
- Verify Patron & Deep Freeze - group policy distribution. We just tested it in AFA and it should work.
Software Projects Status
- East upgrade - north tower done this weekend.
- Education classroom is finished.
- SAN - soon.
- SMS - Logan spoke with CNS. They will configure the port soon. Eventually, we will have DHCP across all of the branches.
- There are a lot of updates waiting to be approved. Logan says he is going to get to them.
- Problem with ports in DLC - they are misconfigured from the wall plate to punch down. Logan is working on it.
- Backup of NT2R1 - using up too much media. DLC to review Greenstone production box. The JPEG2K on NT19 is being backed up. Is the development box? Unsure. Cynthia will look into it.
- Problems with Patron Updates. The backup file exceeded - blowing up Patron Updates. Winston separated the codes, now the backup on NT18 should be smaller.
- Problem this morning - NERMVS password expired - it is in our code. Those passwords are set to expire every 6 months. Debra called CNS and found out how to change the password to never expire.
- GROVER - ongoing.
- DLC Tracking database - Erich has approved the current version in testing (v. 3.9). Changes for the next test version are underway (v.3.9.1).
- UFDC - changes ongoing - still occasionally running out of memory.
- ILL switch from barcode to UFID - our part is done. There are still some residual issues that are OCLC problems.
- National Library barcode prefix - still waiting to hear form Lori Driscoll.
Student and Department
- Proxy server at the Health Science Center - has a new URL. The old certificate is expiring on Thursday. They found a free one, requiring a different type of URL. Tom has changed it on the Library page.
- There will be no more activation of Library card numbers online. Everything is now done with UFID.
- Endeca started today. Tom had many phone and email messages about it.
- Server-side include - virtual server - Tom needs to know where it is located. Logan to advise.
- Calendar - we will put up a dummy calendar on a test site to test a real time, up-to-date calendar.
Systems Security Management
- Student lineup for the fall semester is complete: Luiza, Mindy and Robert.
- Meeting held.