Systems Staff Meeting Notes
July 23, 2007
July 23, 2007
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Mark Sullivan, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 7/16/07
- Cynthia is considering wallpapering her refrigerator after reading an article about it online.
- Frank, the yellow-belly water snake that was recently spending time in Bobbie's yard and porch, has been killed.
- The Library may be reorganizing - with Carol Turner's impending retirement, the number of interim positions and a new dean - it seems likely. The subject is to be discussed at the management retreat in August.
- Supplies - new budget received. Each department is to do their own ordering and tracking of expenses. Debra will have a list in the supply closet where staff can post needed items. Orders will be place on the 15th and 30th of the month, unless there is a critical need for immediacy. The budget is small, so please conserve.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Ann #2 - Remove the new (inaccurate and inactive) phone number for Systems.
- Orders are ongoing - nothing over $1000.
- Training to start again in August. Amy is looking to nail down the best week.
Software Projects Status
- Exchange server - it has been a royal pain in the past few weeks. There have been problems with the mobile synching, webmail, DNS and the Domain Controller queues are backed up. Winston notes, in a possibly related Exchange problem, Blake Landor set his "out of office" message, but it is only effective with in house mail. Bobbie suggests that there could be a problem with the back-up client on Exchange - the remote agent. We could take it off and see how it goes. We will be keeping the Exchange server for the foreseeable future. How long is unknown - an upgrade is questionable right now as we have to figure out the current problems.
- Verify Patron - ready for another test - can't find SQL or failover servers.
- Backup exec problems with SQL servers: NT19 daily failed Friday night. NT 18 and 2K3SQL is giving the failure error, "no disk space on the C: drive".
- Xerox - the usual issues.
- Logan will be out at VM ware for the SAN four days next week.
- Server updates - NT25 on hold.
Students and Department
- Grover review on schedule for this Friday morning.
- Tracking database - one more change forthcoming. Erich has assigned someone doing acceptance testing.
- Greenstone - no major changes.
- Patron Updates - Winston released changes for v.18 and is currently loading fall as well as summer students.
- ILL - changing authentication from barcode to UFID.
Systems Security Management
- Vera's last day is Thursday, July 26. Mindy will pick up more hours for the rest of the summer semester.
- Luiza will return in the fall. Fall semester starts 8/23.
- Meeting held.