Systems Staff Meeting Notes
July 2, 2007
July 2, 2007
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Bobbie Meng, Chris Nicolich, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 6/25/07
- Bobbie no longer likes deer. They ate her flowers.
- Division meeting - callback of funds - somewhere between 4-10% - state budget shortfall. Also discussed: each department will be responsible for their own supplies. They will be ordered by PCard. Debra notes that we provide the batteries for the Wireless East Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Need to figure out how to handle.
- Mark had to leave this meeting for an interview for DLC.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Software #3 - DLC, not Mark.
- Orders are still on hold.
- Will to talk to Barbara Oliver about another way to pay for training so we can get registered.
- VISTA staff training in limbo.
- Public - having Bill review the lock-down methods, then we can order.
Software Projects Status
- Xerox PDF - not better.
- Exchange server synch problem - has gotten worse. Will can log on with Verizon, but other mobile users are unable.
- VISTA image for staff - Logan should have it ready by next week.
- SMS - working on zero-touch deployment - first step requires DHCP. It still does not work in test network boot. Logan is testing it in a controlled environment.
- NT25 to be upgraded to WIN2K3 this weekend.
- MSL should be getting a 1GIG feed. CNS did the hardware upgrade.
- Data transfer routines for Grover are finished. Currently diagramming workflow.
- DLC - Tom is working on programming requests.
- Blog test - Stephen will send Systems the address.
Systems Security Management
- Luiza is off for Summer B.
- Vera leaves for good July 26.
- Debra is looking into hiring a friend of Luiza's named Mindy.
- Meeting held.