Skip to Search

 
diagonal spacer

Systems Staff Meeting Notes
May 21, 2007

Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Mark Sullivan, Stephen Williams
Announcements
  1. Support Services meeting - mentioned that HR would like to get PeopleSoft payroll data into the Green Monster application. More likely, our own database to shadow PeopleSoft.
Review Minutes of 5/14/07
  1. RIR #2 - ordering cut-off date: mid-June.
  2. Net #5 - no 'choked'; 7TB.
Ongoing Systems Updates
Equipment Received/Installed/Repaired
  1. Orders are pretty much caught up. Big server project is still pending. Working to get the price tag lower.
Networking
  1. Xerox - Patch to the server worked - PDF's are now printing and charging. No complaints to date.
  2. Webcluster failover is still a problem. Recently, the www service reset and a resource was not available. IIS is configured differently on the servers. Will continues to work on it.
  3. NT 16 and NT 18 have been upgraded to Win2K3. NT4 would not upgrade. Logan looked at NT19, but will leave it alone. NT25 will be upgraded.
  4. Winston brings up the possibility of getting rid of NT4 - it just has a bunch of CALs for Verify Patron. We will look at the license situation, and then maybe get rid of NT4 altogether. All of the CALs are on SQL7. There is always the other option of moving to GatorLink as we will be moving to campus AD in future, anyways.
  5. Xerox will be providing an emergency on-call person for the weekends.
  6. VISTA - System staff upgrade: Stephen got some testing solutions form Amy. When installing, remember not to use the preferred method. We could push it to the rest of our staff, except anyone using ALEPH. Stephen would like to figure out how to uninstall it after choosing the preferred method. Registry watch is suggested.
  7. NT2R replacement - 7TB - 2 systems: one in MSL and one in East. We want to get them talking back and forth so the data is in both places - less delay in replication. Virtual server is a part of it.
Software Projects Status
  1. Greenmonster/PeopleSoft data - talk with Bill, HR & Business Services to see what they have in mind.
  2. Systems Management Tool - getting definition to the design. Need input to see if we're approaching it in the proper manner. Chris also researched a third party tool that has Help Desk and Inventory. It is desktop, not Web. It is called Mouse Tracks. He will install it on the Repair Tech machine and staff can test it out. We will meet on Wednesday at 2PM to further discuss.
  3. Lori signed off on the carrel reserve system. It is now live.
  4. Tracking database - issues with spreadsheet loader. Tom Bielicke is working on it.
  5. UFDC - it is loading stuff fine - it just hangs up - the Webcluster problem. We are trying to find a solution.
  6. DLC Win2K server - what is it? It's supposed to be for making video available. We just don't have an agreement to stream videos.
  7. Stephen set up a blog - for the VISTA roll-out. Articles about VISTA can be placed there. It gives us a reference tool. Liaisons can comment. We could link it off the Systems page if it seems feasible.
  8. Scott Fagen wanted to open an FTP on our server so Docutek could download info to it. The department is switching to another product. They need somewhere to store the historical info (max 5G) and then upload it to the new vendor. Scott tried to download it, but was unable. They have nine days left to download it.
Systems Security Management
  1. Meeting held.

 

University of Florida Home Page