Systems Staff Meeting Notes
May 14, 2007
May 14, 2007
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Mark Sullivan, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 5/7/07
- Stephen's bowling team, "Bowlin' Dirty", is in the state tournament.
- Stephen had to call Worker's Comp as he cut himself whilst whittling plastic with a Xacto knife.
- Written/unwritten Systems policies: we need to document them. Please write down your top 10 Systems policies/office procedures and send them to Will.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Liaisons #2 - cut the second line.
- Orders - still have a few left to do: NT2R, Webcluster and JPEG2K servers. The JPEG2K replacement server quote is hefty.
- Cut off date for orders is mid-June.
- Add/remove from domain - should be working.
- Training orientation - Amy has access to the Microsoft curriculum: MS orientation training and desktop support certification.
Software Projects Status
- Issue with the Exchange server - mobile units not synching due to a patch that was pushed this weekend. We transferred one server to another and that solved the problem.
- West video - no word.
- Xerox - scheduled to install the patch software next week - print release.
- VISTA upgrade for staff - Stephen found a fix for the Delphi applications. Will try pushing it. Stephen needs to get with Logan regarding some CPU usage issues and trouble closing applications. Need to debug.
- NT2R replacement quote - a hefty amount. Includes a storage box with 7 TB, old archive backups, NT 19, web servers and file space to consolidate other servers. Considering one here and one for MSL - more than $100,000 each.
- NT2R - 1/3 of the permissions are cleared up. Most are simple.
- Campus AD - no news.
- In the process of upgrading 2000 to 2003 - NT19. Check the space on the C: drive.
- NT16 upgraded, still have to do NT14.
- USB hard drives - Logan and Amy had three fail during the imaging project.
- New computers - issues with drivers for older network printers. Liaisons are unable to update the drivers, Systems people are the ones with the permission. Solution may be to upload the drivers to the server.
- Webcluster failover problem - DLOC & UFDC - need to check on this issue. Also, lack of memory problems.
Systems Security Management
- Stephen delivered the Carrel Reservation System to Lori for approval. She has to sign off on it before it goes live (Systems policy).
- New Systems All-In-One project - the programmers are working on a top level requirement document. Hope to get it out this week. Hopefully we can discuss it at the next staff meeting.
- Tom is working on a request from Erich to flag items that they are scanning (but have not put up) when the copyright is about to expire in the DLC Tracking database.
- Mark is inputting data for Ephemeral Cities. He is also working on the automation of some of Gus' tasks.
- Meeting held.