Skip to Search

 
diagonal spacer

Systems Staff Meeting Notes
May 7, 2007

Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Mark Sullivan, Stephen Williams
Review Minutes of 4/23/07
  1. Ann # 3 - should be Bobbie's granddaughter, not daughter.
Ongoing Systems Updates
Equipment Received/Installed/Repaired
  1. Orders incoming. 175 boxes expected tomorrow.
Liaisons
  1. Will lead the meeting last week.
  2. Liaisons are unable to join computers to the domain. AD out of the box allows five changes. Replication between the domain controllers may be a problem. Will is going to work on it.
  3. Training scheduled again in May, then quarterly. Need to get feedback.
  4. VISTA orientation - need to establish training for staff. We will push VISTA to desktops over the summer. Need to start with Systems as a test unit. Some of our applications do not work so well with VISTA. Systems staff answering questions should be familiar with VISTA. ALEPH 18 is a consideration (Winston).
Networking
  1. West video - Lenel - Ingersol was here last week and he thinks the port may be blocked. He is going to work with PPD.
  2. Xerox - planning to install a patch the second week of Summer A that might clear the PDF problem.
  3. Hoping to replace NT2R - GovConnection rep will be here this Thursday. Plan to replicate.
  4. Campus AD - CIRCA is generating interest in it. Cliff Richmond from Architecture called with questions about printing on AD.
  5. Web cluster failover problems - Erich wants some satisfaction that this will be resolved. He wants the 404 error to redirect. It should failover and keep working. Need to make the cluster identical. High priority.
Software Projects Status
  1. Stephen is in the final testing phase of the Carrel Reservation System.
  2. The programmers are analyzing Amy's request to roll Current Net, IRDB, SysRequest and The Trouble Ticketing System into one application. Following preliminary analysis, we'll return it to the table for feedback. May look at shelf software to handle it. Amy notes that she has problems with our current applications and VISTA. It probably is the BDE - not able to put it in compatibility mode.
  3. Mark has resumed working on Ephemeral Cities.
  4. UFDC - out of memory warnings in the logs. They are coming from Forms-to-Mail. It is catching attempts of inputting HTML.
Web Projects
  1. Tom is also getting spam in Forms-to-Mail.
  2. The link on the UF home page for the Libraries now goes to links for three libraries) not just Smathers). We submitted our info, Health Center had their PR submit theirs and Law did not respond.
  3. New log-in page design for Smathers - there's a new success page. Failure page is not working.
  4. FX image on Metalib - they want it replaced with words that say 'find it'. Tom is working on the image.
  5. New home page design is in committee.
  6. Tom will be teaching more classes over the summer on Contribute, Dreamweaver, etc. He notes there are new versions of Contribute, Dreamweaver & Photoshop that are CS3.
  7. Tom sent out an email regarding activating/deactivating software on new computers.
  8. Machines that are returned should be Fdisked and reformatted. If they are going to survey, then FreeDos should be installed.
Students and Department
  1. Vera is not in today, but should be working most of this week.
  2. Vera and Luiza will be working this summer.
Systems Security Management
  1. Meeting held.

 

University of Florida Home Page