Systems Staff Meeting Notes
April 23, 2007
April 23, 2007
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Chris Nicolich, Mark Sullivan, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Stephen got a new TV.
- It's Will's birthday.
- Bobbie's granddaughter, Chelsea, fell off a horse and broke her femur.
- IT portion of the re-class - have to redo 3-4 position descriptions, then resubmit. All of the others went through.
- Faculty market equity is on hold.
- Gov Connection will be here to demo systems tomorrow - 2-4PM in room 100.
- Orders - moving with Amy's help. Server order is still to come. Dell is dragging their feet - we may end up going with GovConnection.
- Amy is at Liaison training today.
Software Projects Status
- DeepFreeze in West was locking student out.
- Greenstone server - moved partition, couldn't rebuild boot - working on it.
- CCure - out this week to install new version - may need to replace box.
- Tape drive problems last week - had to delete and then reinstall.
- Xerox - OK - there were questions regarding the reporting of problems. The system currently in place (SYSHELP) needs to be used. EquiTrac - new guy was here on Friday - he tried to change the PRS version to 2.6 - wants to apply the patch to the server then upgrade workstations - we recommend he tries it on weekends during the break between spring and summer. There is only one license - he can test it on an old box.
- No news on AD.
Systems Security Management
- Chris is working on Oracle access to the FCLA database.
- Winston - working on NT2R1 permissions - determining group settings.
- Carrel reservation is ongoing.
- Tracking database - ongoing.
- UFDC - new version last week.
- Ephemeral Cities - ongoing.
- Meeting held.