Systems Staff Meeting Notes
April 16, 2007
April 16, 2007
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 4/9/07
- Reclass - UF HR is balking at the re-class/raises for the non-Library positions. The fight goes on. They are saying no more than 20% unless it is a re-class to a different position. The fight will continue.
- Bobbie sold her house.
- Bobbie attended a small wedding this weekend - 225 people. They had a casino night at the rehearsal dinner. They were so successful at it, they considered hosting casino nights as a business - to be called: 'Craps to Go'.
- CCure - there is a quote out to install the latest version of the software. They will also put the locks back in doors for failover. The long range plans are to convert everything over to the Lenel system.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Announcements #3 - should be ALF, not ALP.
- SW #2 - should be pre-loader, not free-loader.
- Orders have been moving with Amy's help.
- AFA IP conversion is complete - the previous range is off.
- Tape drive for Backup Exec is down. Will tinkered with it over the weekend. May have to call Dell.
- Greenstone - 1 drive failed - it was rebuilt, but it won't go back online. May be a Linux issue & may need to rebuild the server.
- Training in room 419 East this week.
Software Projects Status
- West video - no word.
- Xerox - they are here now testing patches on the old server.
- NT2R replacement - it is going to happen. We'll be getting 2 or 3 AX150's - Will has the quotes - also need some for Erich.
- AD - no news, probably in the fall.
- Wiring estimate for Education training classroom has gone through. Got quotes for laptop and cart. Need to order.
- May need to upgrade RAM on the CCure server.
- Gig Ethernet for Systems server room - waiting on wall plate.
- NT18 database failed yesterday. Chris had to call Winston. He found the errors and is trying to fix it. It only affects one project.
- CARS (carrel reservation system) still ongoing.
- Greenstone/ephemeral Cities - ongoing.
- ERES/OKRA - to be replaced.
Systems Security Management
- Nothing new with the Web page.
- Tom passed a course for Web Security Development: NT Proxy server - a NetG class. Not a very timely topic.
- Meeting held.