Systems Staff Meeting Notes
April 9, 2007
April 9, 2007
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Mark Sullivan, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 03/26/07
- Will - fishing was good. Caught about thirty.
- Markey Equity - UF HR has gone ahead with the assistant and associate positions. They are asking for more information on the other positions.
- Rumors of ALF expansion: making it into a regional storage facility, adding to or expanding the current building, lots of rumors.
- Rumors of Library East becoming strictly a showcase for Special Collections and staff being moved to another building - the Registrar's Office or a new building. All rumors, nothing happening in the near future.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Liaison training rescheduled for next week, not this week.
- Will has a stack of orders to move this week.
- Will got a quote from Dell last week and hoped to get it out before he left on vacation, but the quote was for one 17" monitor and one 19" monitor on the dual set-ups - so it had to be redone.
- Training next week: 8am-noon.
- Next session will be the last week of April, 1-4PM.
Software Projects Status
- Access Services - could not log on to OCRA (online course reserves application) on Sunday evening. It wasn't a problem with that application, rather, every SQL2K5 application. Winston tracked it down. The server had restarted a number of times, but got stuck. There was a SQL2K5 service pack update.
- West security video - no word.
- Xerox printing - it is working, with the exception of PDFs. Will just received from the new tech, Marco, about trying to add a new print release station.
- NT2R replacement is part of the items to be ordered this week. We will keep a second box in MSL. The local box will be in Systems. Both will be active and live. Winston suggests cleaning up the permissions on NT2R. It would make managing them much easier.
- Campus AD - no word lately, but tis definitely on the horizon.
- Daily mailbox back-ups - it keeps failing. We checked back and it has been failing since August. It is also constantly running. It should only take 12 hours. It fails due to corrupt items in mailboxes. The non-corrupt information is actually getting backed up.
- Greenstone - one of the drives went out on it.
- CCure - it went down for a day and a half - Logan uninstalled/reinstalled driver and it works.
- AFA IP range change completed. We're having a little trouble with the DNS range.
- Stephen Williams is working on a special request for Bill Covey. Has to do with producing reports in ALEPH - on the Oracle database.
- Greenstone/DLC - new version of the Tracking database, loader and pre-loader. Completed a lot - moving on to new items.
- DLC - is requesting a 1 TB hard drive to use in the JPEG2K server. Would have to transfer the JPEG2K server to another server, install the new hard drive, and then bring it back up. There may be some other options for this - we need to sit down and talk about it.
Systems Security Management
- Tom got recommendations from the Resource Navigation Committee: add more pictures of people, rounded corners on the borders, etc. Changes probably won't go into effect until the fall.
- Google doe not like our meta tag redirect. UF is big on Google rankings.
- Procedures & Policy manual - There are four or five policies regarding Systems. They are very out-of-date.
- Meeting held.