Systems Staff Meeting Notes
March 26, 2007
March 26, 2007
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Tom Minton is officially in the Systems department (again).
- Go Gators! Final Four.
- "Planet Earth" starts this Tuesday. Should be a good show.
- "Deadliest Catch" will be back on the air in April.
- Re-class Project - HR is pressing on - it is going forward. Trying to make the changes in PeopleSoft. Don't start spending it until you see it in your check. The new Director has signed of on it. It will be released half this year, half next. Six non-faculty people did not get a raise as they were at or above the mean. It has not yet been officially announced.
- Cynthia attended a meeting on East building security concerns. The lighting around the building was discussed and Facilities was going to try to get it improved. Rob said he would discuss the issue of opening the doors before 6AM, but it does not look promising. East is on two different security systems right now. We would like a security officer for East like they've just hired in West. Need better cell phone access in East. Need to improve the signage in the Women's bathroom. The building is currently under two different security systems. Security cameras are not functioning yet. Will notes that the security guard for West is currently making the rounds in East after hours. He is reporting maintenance and security issues. They may be expanding his hours.
- Orders should be picking up this week. Waiting to hear from Dell.
- NT2R is on the agenda to be replaced.
- The virtual servers we are looking to order are proving to be quite expensive.
- Training scheduled for April 9.
Software Projects Status
- West security video - nothing.
- Xerox printing - it is currently up and running. There is still a PDF problem in that it does not always charge to print PDFs. We are not losing money on it. There is a patch for it, but their new IT person has not shown yet.
- Campus AD is getting more attention these days. CIRCA uses GatorLink log-on and has a printing method that we could use. We will need to figure out the issues related to joining campus AD. We are going to start looking at it and see how it goes.
- Chris is working to change the log on to Verify Patron to GatorLink.
- Tuesday-Thursday Winston will be out at a workshop: "New and Innovative Library Interfaces".
- New Horizons Vista Deployment class - Winston attended and found it worthwhile.
Systems Security Management
- Tom made a new Web page design. Reviews ranged from "pretty" to "gloomy".
- Tom updated the Library Web pages, changing all references to "Technology Services" to "Technical Services".
- Meeting held.