Systems Staff Meeting Notes
March 12, 2007
March 12, 2007
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Amy went fishing on Lake Santa Fe and caught two fish.
- Chris' sister-in-law got engaged.
- Amy has four friends who are having babies.
- Duct cleaning finished - there is a slight smell. They told Winston that they would be returning to remove the patches on the duct in the Systems conference room.
- Anyone with security concerns can respond to the email from Susan Lupi/John Nemmers.
- New plans for VOIP phones in East - we will be testing a new handset devise that plugs into the PC.
- Cell phones provided by the Library - they are working out the details of the new policy.
- Education classroom - Facilities is working on the electricity.
- Re-class proposal has been delivered to the Directors. Decision expected this week.
- Streaming video for Trudi - we will not do streaming, rather: downloadable.
- Monitor demo tomorrow. Need to have dual 17" set up as well as the 19" and 20.5".
- Orders proceeding slowly.
- Training went okay. Will have another session in April and again in May, then quarterly after that.
- Two new liaisons started on Friday: Scott Fagen (Access Services) and Evan Wack (HSS).
Software Projects Status
- West security video - still waiting for Security One.
- Xerox - they have hired a new tech.
- Documents is still having printing problems.
- MSL VOIP network dropout issue - CNS changed out some switches - no problems have been noted since. This problem should be resolved.
- Quotes for server replacements - NT2R and storage space for virtual server - Will is working on it.
- Campus AD is still on the horizon.
- EReserves - Chris made the changes to the security. It is also tied in with Stephen's carrel reservation system.
- Carrel reservation system - to be demoed to Michelle today.
- Problematic software with ILL/ILLIAD - method of authentication does not work. Winston has been on the phone with OCLC.
- Tom Bielicke trained with DLC so that he knows the flow of their operation.
- Mark just got back from Jamaica and is out today.
- Training database - users often tell Amy that there is no log-off button. Discussion ensues.
Students and Department
- Michelle Foss' problem has been fixed.
- Google data is registering visits.
Systems Security Management
- Students are out this week on spring break. Vera may work towards the end of the week.
- Meeting held.