Systems Staff Meeting Notes
February 26, 2007
February 26, 2007
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Mark Sullivan, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 2/19/07
- Tom reports that a student in MSL won the Academy Awards contest. Jim Liversidge came in second. Beatriz Lugo, third.
- Duct cleaning in Systems - schedule:
Wed 3/7 air handler and return air duct cleaning
Thurs 3/8 supply duct cleaning
Friday & Saturday 3/9-10 sealing all ducts
This work will begin each night at 6:00 PM and continue until midnight. Please remove personal or breakable items from the top of the desks as furniture beneath the ceiling vents will be covered with tarps.
- Don't miss the staff meeting next week: it's Amy's birthday!
- Library Council: Security - uniform guards to be hired for West & MSL. Will also be used to do rounds in East in the evenings and on the weekends. They just want us to make staff aware of security issues and remind people to report what they see.
HR asks that we remind people to be diligent in time reporting and approving.
Dean's Search - two candidates: Steven Smith and Judy Russell will return for further interviews. Carol Drum indicates that they will return to ask us questions. The Provost's Office is handling the interviews.
Market Equity studies and staff re-class - all data has been collected. Now they are evaluating the cost to the Libraries to bring salaries up to (UF) market value. Evaluations are due at the end of the March. There should be some increases. How long it may take is unknown - should be finalized in the next six months. They probably will not be able to raise everybody simultaneously - would be incremental over a period of years.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Liaisons #1 - Will sent out an email to Liaisons regarding the reporting of computer problems via email.
- Training starts on Monday. No one has registered yet. Amy posted it on the Bulletin Board - no email was sent out.
Software Projects Status
- Media Tech - finished in West. After they left on Wednesday, Paul reported problems with buttons on the wall. Joe had checked it out before - said it was user error.
- Remotes have been removed from the classrooms in West. The RF signal is pretty strong. It is causing screens to go up and down in other rooms.
- CNS West Security video - getting closer, but yet resolved. Have to install one more piece of equipment.
- Last week's Xerox meeting was cancelled. Documents has reported a problem printing today.
- NT9 - will be physically moved this week. Logan will do the move. Bobbie will help to reinstall the printers. Logan took DC3 down and promoted the new box to DC3.
- We may be looking to purchase new servers as soon as we get the Dell workstation quotes worked out.
- Daylight Savings Time patches - continually changing directives from Microsoft. Calendar times for March 11- April 1 will need to be monitored. We will update patches to mailboxes this weekend.
- Quotes for new staff workstations - still debating on monitor size of 17" or 19". Need to let them try it out on the new ALEPH v.18.
- Chris is working on ERES - redoing a part of it to improve the security. Moving towards GatorLink sign-ons.
- Stephen is working on carrel registration system for Access Services.
- Issue between Business Services and ILL regarding how accounting invoices look. Winston is attempting to resolve it.
- ILL updates on Wednesday. It will be down starting around 4PM. Logan will be the point man on ILLIAD.
- Winston got the SQL server to talk to FCLA Oracle - pulled reporting data requested by Bill.
- Mark is wrapping up UFDC customization manager - then he'll move into Ephemeral Cities full time.
Systems Security Management
- Forms-To-Mail - seems to be working. The old server was pulled last week. Collection Management had a problem (they combined the old address with the new).
- Home page redesign has gone before the committee. It can be removed from the topics list.
- Meeting held.