Systems Staff Meeting Notes
February 19, 2007
February 19, 2007
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Mark Sullivan, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 2/12/07
- Stephen was ticked that Sparkles was mentioned in the meeting notes.
- Cynthia saw Stephen and Jane Anne Carey at a Sci-Fi convention in Orlando.
- Duct cleaning started today in the north tower. Will is going to try and get us some notification as to when they plan on doing Systems.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- RIR #1 - Order for 200 new workstations - the quote is being modified. The size of the monitors is in flux. Due to the upgrade to ALEPH v.18, more staff are now requesting 19" monitors - and it looks like that is what we are now going to order.
- Folks have been bypassing the Trouble Ticketing system. This topic is discussed - Will to address liaisons.
Software Projects Status
- Media Tech - they are working in West today - rooms 229 & 419, Ref presentation area and Ref desk. They will also take a look at the Education Library to evaluate the area for a potential classroom set-up.
- CNS - West security cameras - they discovered we do have enough fiber to VLAN into West.
- Xerox - they no longer have a PC Technician. For now, the copier tech will handle to print release stations. They will hire a replacement.
- Daylight Savings Time issue - will effect Outlook, Exchange, SQL, etc. A patch went out last week - need to verify that the OS on the Exchange server is patched as well as workstations. We will test mailboxes.
- Replacement for NT2R - Will is going to get a quote - two pieces - one here and one at MSL.
- Campus AD - back on the radar. Once CLAS and CNS join - the Brain Institute is already there - we may be on our way. Two different issues: campus sign-on for public - how to handle (there is no facility for this in AD) and VISTA. Lots to be discussed on this topic. A central Exchange server will be a plus to AD. 60% of workstations on campus have either gone on to or are committed to AD.
- The Systems Exchange server failed over to the second node sometime over the weekend.
Systems Security Management
- NT18 - Winston restarted it this weekend - it broke the Patron Updates. Since it is mid-semester, it's not a big deal.
- Forms-to-Mail - not unplugged yet. Go for it.
- FCLA- Dewey conversion is done.
- Training Database - demo cancelled.
- Tracking database - working on Phase II changes.
- Greenstone - updates soon.
- Ephemeral Cities - will start back up on March 3.
- Meeting held.